Y/N nodded once again, the action mindless and unenthusiastic. Knowing all this didn't make her feel better or worse, but it established Izumi had a presence at Fukurodani like she expected. 

"Mind if I ask why you asked me about Izumi-kun?"

"I just felt a little.. off about him," Y/N said hesitantly. "But it's stupid. Nevermind it." She gave a half-hearted smile to the other girl and walked out of the bedroom without another word.

She walked into the living room, pushing Kuroo away from Kenma.

"You shouldn't treat your senpai like that," Kuroo pouted.

"You were never technically my senpai," Y/N laughed. "You hear that Kenma? Kuroo's enforcing the age hierarchy."

Kuroo shivered at the cold glare he received from Kenma, which was expected because Kenma absolutely hated the age hierarchy upperclassmen tried to establish.

From the two reds, Kenma chose the darker color and put down his video game to let Y/N paint his nails. The two spoke in an almost hushed conversation, surprising the other four. Not that Kenma and Y/N were exactly.. 'wild' around each other, but they were never this quiet.

"What's with you two?" Kuroo and Akaashi asked their partners.

In perfect sync, the two turned their gaze upwards with blank looks. Even their blinks were in unison. 

"What do you mean?"

"You guys are freakishly quiet," Bokuto chimed in.

Kenma shrugged, pulling back to look at his now painted nails. 

Y/N raised a brow and screwed the cap shut. "We were just talking about volleyball. It's not like we were conspiring or anything," she said.

Everyone chose to ignore the chuckle and smirk Y/N and Kenma shared. 

Perhaps against his will, Kuroo also got his nails painted. Unlike the other three boys, he wiped it off immediately, much to Y/N's dismay. He ignored her protests as he used a cotton ball and acetone on his nails. He kept an unapologetic smile on his face as she complained about her absolutely amazing artwork being destroyed.

Keiji noticed the frown on Y/N's face as he drove to the train station, feeling a tug at his heart. He wordlessly let his hand travel to hers, taking it in a soft hold. He rubbed his thumb over her knuckles in attempts to soothe the obvious negative state she was in.

"I'm fine, Keiji," Y/N whispered, squeezing his hand gently. She leaned her head on the warm glass of the car window.

He squeezed her hand back and then let go, moving it to caress her turned away cheek. "I know you don't want to leave, love. But what can we do?" He sighed at her silence, putting his hand back in hers as the traffic light turned from red to green. "I'm going to be there next weekend, I promise. And I'm a phone call away. And I don't care if that means having to answer my phone while I'm sleeping... or in the shower," he joked.

Y/N cracked a smile, a faint laugh breaking through. "You don't have to answer the phone when you're in the shower," she said softly.

"There's that smile." 

There was silence in the car for a few minutes until Keiji felt the lack of words suffocating him.

"I'm sorry you're having a hard time at home," he finally said. It was something the two had avoided talking about the whole weekend. 

Y/N scoffed and closed her eyes, tightening her grip on his hand. "Did I mention they were practically ecstatic that I was coming? It was almost laughable."