"Wha-?!" She didn't get a chance to react.

She was being pulled along by Lucifer through the crowd. Dang he has a good grip, Chloe thought. They passed the bar and Maze smiled waving at them. They made it to the elevator.

"Sorry, couldn't hear anything down there. Plus I have to change."
Lucifer explained.

Chloe smiled. She looked at Lucifer's suit and saw glitter. Stripper glitter. Chloe mentally rolled her eyes.

Up in the penthouse Lucifer tells Chloe to stay. Like she's a dog. I've seen you naked before Lucifer. Lucifer went into his room to change. Chloe remembered when she had first seen Lucifer completely naked. She had told him to put some pants on. She remembered the scars on Lucifer's back and his defensive reaction to her touch. Chloe was curious to see if their friendship would allow her to have a look at those scars now. Chloe crept to the stairs leading to Lucifer's bedroom and took a peek. Lucifer was shirtless and standing in front of the mirror. Chloe took in his body. Then her view of the mirror was gone. Coming from Lucifer's shoulder blades were. Wings.

"AAARRRGGHHHH!!!!"

Lucifer let out a frustrated groan and punched the mirror. Chloe stood there in shock. Unable to move. Wings. What? Lucifer always said he was the devil. But- angel wings?

Lucifer stared in the mirror half changed. He knew his wings were due to pop out soon. It was the stupid manipulative thing his father had done. They came out. Lucifer tried to put them back in but it didn't work. Lucifer let out a frustrated yell and smashed his fist into the mirror, shattering it. Lucifer tried again to put them in but it didn't work. He turned to yell out to the detective that there would have to be a change of plans. She was standing right there. In shock.

"I'm not normally like this." Lucifer rolled his eyes.

"Dad is just a manipulative bastard!" Lucifer shouted towards the sky.

Lucifer looked back at Chloe. She saw hell fire in his eyes. Were they his devil eyes? Chloe thought.

"Lucifer- It's all true."

"When have I been one to lie? Chloe, you of all people should know by now that I always have and will always tell the truth."

Chloe noticed Lucifer used her actual name. That was sweet. It was a rare thing but she loved it when it happened. Chloe came towards Lucifer. His guard went up as he was unsure to where this was going. Chloe lifted an arm, reaching to touch his wings.

"Lucifer. Do you realise how beautiful they are?"

That stumped him.
"Really detec- really Chloe?" Need to stop calling her detective.

"Yeah," Chloe looked into Lucifer's eyes.

Chloe heard her ringtone. She let out a sigh and looked at who it was, Dan.

"Count on detective douche to ruin things."
Lucifer rolled his eyes. Chloe shook her head and answered the call.
"Hey, Dan what's up?"
"Chloe, can you take Trixie? I have to work a case."
That took Chloe by surprise.
"Yeah, uh sure. I'll call home."
"Thanks, Chloe."
And he hung up.
Chloe dialed her home phone.
The nanny answered.
"Hey, you can leave. Can you tell Trixie to come by at Lux?"
"Yeah alright."
End of phone call.

"What was that?" Lucifer asked.

"Well, uh- Trixie is coming over." Chloe answered hesitantly.

"The little urchin? How fun."