Maria: I wouldn't exactly call us... "friends".

Weiss: Acquaintances?

Maria: Not quite.

Blake: Colleagues?

Maria: Warmer.

Yang: Enemies?

Maria: That's the one!

Oscar: Wait, what?

Maria: Oh, yes. I come through here about once every ten years to get my eyes checked up in Atlas. You bring outside cashews on one flight, and suddenly you're placed on the additional screening list for life!

Qrow: You've gotta be kidding me...

Maria: Now, now, let's not give up hope yet.

There was a beat of silence as you waited for something more.

Maria: Maybe she's dead!

You sighed as suddenly, the gates opened up quickly, and the two guards returned.

Guard 1: Introducing!

Guard 2: Special operative!

Both Nubuck Guards: Caroline Cordovin!

You heard the footsteps first, and looked to see the short-statured elderly woman. She seemed to be around Maria's age, and wore the standard Atlesian officer uniform. Cordovin stepped forward, glaring at Maria as she approached.

Cordovin: Witch.

Maria: She-devil.

Cordovin: Hm. I've seen you've chosen larger contraband to smuggle this time.

Maria: Oh, Cordo. You know they say time changes people, but I see you've still got that stick right up your--

Ruby however interrupted the two women.

Ruby: H-hello! Miss, uh, Cordovin. My name is Ruby Rose, and I was wondering if you would hear us out about--

Cordovin: I've already heard what your other little friends had to say, Miss Rose.

She looked behind Ruby, noticing Jaune, Nora, and Ren standing a little ways away behind the group, her gaze passing over you for a moment, her eyes widening, as she turned back to the previous three.

Cordovin: What are you doing back here? I thought I told you to leave!

Nora tried to charge forward, only to be held back by Ren and Jaune.

Nora: And I told you we wouldn't rest until you let us through!

Having held Nora, Ren nervously smiled and waved.

Ren: Nice to see you again as well!

Cordovin: You civilians are clearly incapable of comprehending the importance of our mission here in Argus. So allow me to say this slowly, with smaller words: This base, that relay tower, the very safety of Argus are all gifts from the glorious Kingdom of Atlas!

You looked behind her to see the backdrop showing the Atlesian flag waving behind her.

Cordovin: And it is my duty to uphold them, as only I have the wit and tenacity for such a task.

Guard Nubuck 1: Such wit!

Guard Nubuck 2: Such tenacity!

Maria: Or maybe Atlas just wanted to get you as far from the kingdom as possible.

Cordovin growled in response.

Cordovin: You're just like the rest of these Argus ingrates! This city wouldn't even be here if it weren't for our Atlesian ancestors, and what do we get in return? The entire world is ready to put a knife to our throats!