Chapter seventy one - Titan

Start from the beginning

"Let me just say, if aliens wind up implanting eggs in my chest or something, and I eat one of you, I'm sorry." Peter said. You frowned.

Tony pointed at Peter, "I don't wanna hear another pop culture reference out of you for the rest of the trip. You understand?"

"I'm trying to say that something is coming." Peter explained, looking over your shoulder. You spun around just in time for a grenade to roll across the floor and stop at your feet; there was barely time to blink, let alone do anything to stop it from detonating.

You, Peter, Tony and Strange were thrown backwards as the energy pulse hit; you hit the front window of the ship hard and fell to the ground, winded.

"THANOS!" an unfamiliar voice bellowed, and then a blade flew through the air towards Strange, who deflected it skilfully and sent his cloak flying towards the attacker. You struggled to your feet, gasping for breath, just in time to see Tony getting attacked by some dude in a creepy mask, the eyes of which glowed red. The creepy mask dude slammed something on to Tony's chest, which was obviously magnetic because then he was stuck to the wall. You hastened towards him, but were side-tracked when you saw Peter scrambling away from a half human, half bug lady with huge, black eyes and antennae.

"Whoa, whoa, please don't put your eggs in me!" Peter yelled in panic, shooting web at her and pinning her arms to her side as you raised your hands, magic at the ready. Then the guy in the red mask flew in from nowhere, kicking Peter hard and slamming him to the ground.

"Stay down, clown!" the guy yelled. You blasted him with magic, sending him flying backwards into a wall with a thud, and then hurried to help Peter to his feet.

"You okay?" you asked, before suddenly an electric like cord wrapped around your legs and pulled, sending you crashing down to the ground with a furious yell. Then the guy with the mask was stood over you, pulling you to your feet and holding a gun to your head.

Tony had obviously pulled himself free from the wall, because now he was stood with one foot on a large alien with blue skin, the one who had thrown the dagger at Strange. A quick glance around told you it was only the three of them. Good. Strange was stood nearby with a shield of golden energy up; Peter was stood just to your right and the weird bug lady was next to him, her arms still stuck to her sides.

"Alright, everybody stay where you are... chill the eff out." the guy holding the gun to your head demanded, reaching up to release his mask, "I'm gonna ask you this one time. Where's Gamora?"

You frowned. Gamora? Tony had the same look of confusion on his face as he deactivated his helmet.

"Yeah, I'll do you one better. Who's Gamora?" he said angrily.

"I'll do you one better. Why is Gamora?" the blue dude underneath Tony's foot said aggressively. Everyone turned to look at him in confusion, even the guy behind you and bug lady.

"Tell me where the girl is, or I swear to you, I'm gonna French-fry this little witch." the guy behind you said, pressing the gun firmly against your head. Little witch?

"Let's do it! You shoot my girl, I blast him. Let's go!" Tony asserted, extending an evil looking gun from the end of one of the arms of his suit towards the blue guy's face beneath him. You assumed that Tony knew you were capable of disarming the guy behind you without getting hurt if he did try to shoot you.

"Do it Quill! I can take it." the alien beneath Tony's foot yelled, gritting his teeth.

"No! He can't take it!" the bug lady shouted.

"She's right. You can't." Strange said, completely deadpan.

"Oh yeah? You don't wanna tell me where she is? That's fine, I'll kill all four of you and beat it out of Thanos myself. Startin' with you." Quill said aggressively to the group, and then you, tightening his hold on you.