𝟶𝟷

'It's just you look like a spitting image of your mother.'

~ March 27, 1969 ~

You came from a prestigious pureblood family who grew up in your ancestral household, where both your grandparents are residing. Your grandmothers, Genevieve and Rose, loved spoiling you with many things, while your grandfathers, Sebastian and Henry, are very much overprotective when it comes to you and your wellbeing since you are an only child. Your father, Aspen Ryder, worked as an Auror, which pretty much explains why he was rarely at home, but when he does get a chance, he would come home and spend the time playing, chatting and making memories with you and cherishing each and every moment.

Unfortunately, you had never met your mother because she died in an accident well, that was what your father and grandparents always say when you asked about her. But that did not stop your father from telling stories about your mum and that you held the same resemblance as her except your eyes, which your father proudly admits that you inherited from him.

Starting from a young age, your family had already introduced you to the world of wizards and witches. They have taught you the basics of how the magical world works with the muggle world. You have seen them cast spells in your backyard for educational purposes.  You became interested in it that most of the time, you were cooped up inside the library reading about it.

By the time you were 4, your intelligence was beyond compared to an average person of your age. Basically, what it means is that you're smarter than most kids, and that has made you an awkward and vulnerable target for other kids to bully. Tonight was no exception, your father was invited to one of your mother's close friend's son's birthday party, and he thought it would be a good idea to have you socialise with people your age instead of sulking around the house and read.

Please, I'd rather stay at home than actually talk with people, you thought to yourself, but you had no choice since your father had already made up his mind.

"Y/N, are you almost done getting ready or are you still moping around about going to the Potters'?" Your father inquired since you were taking too long in your room. "You very well know that I don't like this as much as you do, and I would rather stay at home, but your mother would beg to differ." You heard him complain, clearly annoyed already. "I'm nearly finished, dad. I'll be down in a minute," you shouted back, hurriedly wearing your shoes.

You wore a white dress that rests just beneath your knees, its collar high enough to cover the scar on the side of your neck; you paired the dress with white doll shoes. With the help of your house elf and only best friend, Drina, your dirty blonde hair was beautifully tied into a braid which accentuated your dark blue eyes.

"Miss Y/N looks very pretty," Drina said happily. "Thanks, Drina, you're so sweet." You said, smiling at her. "You have always been kind to Drina, Miss." She said softly. You thanked her again for helping you get ready and patted her head as you got out and went down immediately.

When you got downstairs, the first to notice your presence was your grandmother, Genevieve. She gasped, clearly astonished at how you look. However, it did not go unnoticed to the others, and they glanced to where she was looking, and when they saw you, they all had the same reaction as your grandmother did.

"Do I look that bad?" You asked, getting fidgety and sad by their unexpected reaction. "N-no dear, you look absolutely stunning," Your grandfather, Sebastian, said, trying to cheer you up. "It's just that you look like a spitting image of your mother." He continued, smiling sadly.

When you looked at your father, he was clad in a navy blue pinstripe three-piece suit, and he partnered it with black leather shoes. When you caught his eyes, you distinguished a gleam of pride and sadness, so by instinct, you tackled and hugged him, "Don't be sad, daddy. I'm sure mum would have been happy." You said, patting his head. He merely chuckled at your attempt to comfort him, "She sure damn would have been much prouder than me if she saw you," he replied, placing you on his lap.