Voice

She dashed into the bathroom slamming the door behind her.

Trembling, she sat down on the toilet squeezing her eyes shut trying to stop the flow of tears as the thoughts flooded her already torn-up mind.

Her efforts were of no use because the tears just continued. They soaked the collar of her shirt while the pressure in her throat started to build up. It's trying to claw it's way out but she won't let it; she'll feel weak it she does.

''You're useless, you're too fat, you're too skinny, no wonder he left you. They all leave, you're unwanted, you should just disappear, they don't want you so go ahead. It's because of you, it's all your fault''.

One by one
They all attack her self esteem, ripping it to shreds. It's like a painfully slow fall into the abyss.

It's dark, hot and painful....she whimpers. It feels like she's rotting, being eaten alive by her thoughts and her skin crawls from all of the nasty comments.

What was once a fire inside her fades into a flame and eventually dies as a glow; she grows cold and her eyes stops straining to withhold the tear.

She's ready to give up...

But

There's a knock on the door.

''Yes?'' She croaks out all humped over.

''What's wrong my child?'' A somehow booming but soothing voice comes from the other side of the door.

''N-Nothings wrong.'' She wipes her eyes profusely.

''Don't lie to me, it hurts when you do that. It hurts me.'' The voice said gently.

She's a bit stunned. Could it be her dad? Couldn't have been her mom. Maybe it's her younger brother...nahh he's just started puberty.

''Don't give up my daughter, I know what you're going through...I've been there....it's tough but you're tougher. I know-"

"You don't know anything! You don't know what I go through, what I face...on a daily basis." She choked on a sob. "How people talk to me, how they abuse me and take me for granted. You don't know anything.'' She grows silent.

"If I didn't know, would I be here right now?" The voice cooed.

She stayed silent.

"Milo? Will you please talk to me?" The voice tried again.

She's stunned once again. Okay, this really had to have been her dad, when she was a child he'd call her that all the time but now he rarely does it.

Her sadness now transforms into anger and it seeps through her skin making it burn. ''Where were you when I went through all of these things?! Attached to that stinking bottle, that's where! You're suppose to be there for your one and only daughter but no. You disregard me as scum. A failure. It seems as though I'm not even apart of this family....you can no longer call me that because not one of you love me like how you all did once. No one loves me." She trails off. ''Why am I even here?'' She says as she began to sob again.

"I love you and I need you here." The voice says from behind the door innocently reassuring.

She lounges off of the toilet and flings the door open to see no one.

Was it all in her head? Was she finally losing her mind?

Her anger, hatred and sorrows just left her body leaving it void of anything really...except for a hint of peace. It lingered inside of her wanting to grow and engulf her but her confusion prevented it from doing so.

All she had to do was relax and let the peace flood her body.

....
....

And she did. The knot in her forehead loosened and the clog in her throat gave way....she was fine.

Her door to her room flung open and there stood her mother. ''What's wrong with you?" He mother furrowed scornfully. "You seem in a daze."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Hope that you all enjoyed this little reading. It was surely fun making it.

If you'd like:
Comment and vote
It would mean a ton if you did and it would let me know if I should continue these lil stories.

Thank you for reading