{Chapter 7}

It had been hours since Dream and George last spoke, since George expressed his feelings towards Dream. Both boys were confused and overall in a bad head space, they had nobody to talk to, they needed each other, they needed their best friend.

George had booked a hotel for the night, he'd probably book more nights when he's certain on what his situation is. Does he go back to England? Everything's ruined. He lost his best friend.

George let out a load groan and violently slid a vase off of the room's desk, causing it to smash all over the wooden floor. George knelt down to clean it up but just immediately burst into tears.

He regretted it all. He shouldn't have said anything. Yes, it could've caused him to be unhappy having to live with his strong feelings towards his best friend. But it wouldn't come close to being as painful as he feels right now, he once thought that the worst pain he'd ever felt was loving someone who didn't love you back.

He was wrong.

The worst pain was loving them, more than anything in the world, only to lose them. To lose the most important thing in your life. Part of him feels like he's over exaggerating when he says Dream is the most important thing in his life, but is he over exaggerating?

They called every single day, talked for hours, laughing, smiling and confiding in one another. Falling asleep on call, laughing until they cry. Nobody has ever made George feel as happy as Dream once did, not because of the love he felt for Dream, but for the friendship Dream and him shared.

The friendship they once had was unlike any other. It was this unexplainable connection. To have lost that has left a hole in his heart, and it hurts. It hurts so bad.

Thousands and thousands of people spoke of their friendship, how incredible it was, how it was truly irreplaceable. They weren't wrong. There would never be another person like Dream, another person who he felt so secure with, so safe. He trusted him with everything he had.

Thinking about what they had only caused George more pain. He has just lost everything. What was he meant to do without Dream? He was his best friend for years. Dream was one of the only people who knew about all George's flaws and problems, yet still stayed, comforted him and help him get through life. That was one of the many things that caused him to fall so completely in love.

***

Hours passed. George had stopped crying, he just felt numb. Not really knowing how to act, what to do. He was lost without Dream. He didn't want this to be the end of their friendship, feelings were something the overtime could pass if the right amount of time is given.

He was about to grab his phone to scroll through twitter to distract himself when he heard a knock at the hotel door. He quickly shot up and raced to the door, praying it was Dream.

It wasn't.

"George?" Sapnap said, tears forming in his eyes. His cheeks stained pink, clearly from crying.

George didn't even reply he quickly pulled Sapnap into a hug and burst into tears. He hadn't thought about Sapnap, what this could do to their friendship.

"How are you doing George?" Sapnap asked concerned.

"Not good." George gave an honest answer, he didn't have the energy to lie right now, plus Sapnap already knew he wasn't okay. None of them were. The thought of losing your best friends is possibly the worst feelings ever, they all couldn't imagine life without each-other and therefore this has all had a big impact on them all.

"I know. It's okay." Sapnap still had a tight grip on George.

"How's Dream doing?" George stuttered, half of him didn't want an honest answer as deep down he knew the true answer, wasn't a positive one.

"Not good. I think he's just scared." Sapnap replied, realising George from his tight grip.

"Scared? Of what?" George asked. He partially already knew the answer.

"Losing you. Losing our friendship. I think we are all scared of that. We never expected any of this to happen and therefore never thought about what to do if this happened." Sapnap replied.

"I know i'm so so sorry." George replied, tears rolling down his cheek.

"Hey, no you don't need to be sorry. You can't control your feelings George, nobody can. So you have nothing to apologise for." Sapnap said comfortingly.

"I just don't know what to do Sapnap." George started sobbing, pulling Sapnap back into a hug.

"I know. It's okay. But i think you need to come see Dream, you both need to talk. You both have to at least try and work this out, otherwise everything we did was all for nothing. We can't lose each other over this." Sapnap always knew the right things to say, he was trying to comfort George and for the most part it was working.

***

Sapnap and George drove back to Dream's house. George opened the front door to reveal Dream sat on the couch, his leg shaking, his breathing heavy and his hands covering his face.

"Dream?" George called, his voice was shaky.

***

{928 words}

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! I really tried to portray as much emotion into it as i could lol and it was actually quite sad to write lol.

Anyways as i said at the start, i have a rough idea of how i want this story to end and boy it's going to be a rollercoaster of emotions. It isn't a definite and there could be a possibility that it ends happily, but the chances are very slim:D