•17•

Rojo's POV

I admire his smile while he laughs at what I just said.

"You wildn," I smile hard as a bitch, but try to hide how big it is by looking away.

"No you wildn."

I stop walking. He stops and turns to face me, still grinning.

"You saying you wouldn't of ate that sandwich?" I straight face him and sip my milkshake.

Chocolate.

"Nah that ain what I'm saying," he smiles and drinks his.

Strawberry.

"Then what you saying papi?" I ask and smirk.

He pauses and licks his lips.

"All I'm saying is you don't seem like the type to eat a big ass sandwich and make yourself sick just to have free meals," he starts walking again.

"What you mean? I was poor and it was worth it," I catch up.

People pass by us.

It's almost dark.

"I said what I said," he laughs.

"Plus I was fat as hell," I add.

"Duh. You finished it-"

"Nah like I was actually a big boy out here," I admit.

"What, Rojo was a dough boy? Chicharrón?" He laughs.

"Yeah. That weird Ace calls me Chicharrón," I start making pig noises.

"Don't be ashamed. Ain nun wrong wit being thick. You seem like you'd be the one to go through a transformation like that anyways," he says.

Hmm?

"Whatchu mean?" I ask.

"I don't know I can feel it almost. You kind of a loner...like me. If it's not from people being disloyal, people are usually loners because of rejection and being bullied which result in stellar transformations."

"Who said I was bullied?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Oh- I ain mean it like that-"

"You good..."

He's smart.

That's attractive.

"I actually was, Im relieved and more comfortable that you understand and could even pick up on it. It was a lot for me; made me hard. I stay to myself cause I experienced first hand how it felt to be rejected then suddenly accepted by the society that rejected me."

"I wasn't tryna shade you," he nudges me.

"You didnt," I smile.

We walk in silence a bit more before he breaks it.

"I actually understand how you feel tho. I was rejected too."

"Really?"

He fine as hell. How that happen?

"Mostly for standing up for myself and my spiritual beliefs. You were the fat kid... but I was the skinny dorky nigga," he says.

I get butterflies.

Damn, yo.

He's way more comfortable than me right now. I take his hand into mine and try to lace my fingers with his.

He looks at me in shock and yanks away.

"Mm mm. You really really wildn now playa," he looks around and drinks his milkshake hard as a bitch.