•9•

Bembe's POV

I can't wait to tell Nola about the signs and synchronicities I've been getting about Rojo.

Some great, but some were a lil troubling.

I open the door to our flat and see her sitting with her elbow on the table and her head resting in her hand.

Her afro's all fucked up.

"Que pasa mi hermana muy fea," I greet her and call her ugly.

She doesn't even react.

"You heard what I said? You look like the bottom of them boots mommy be wearing outside," I laugh.

She ignores me and lays her head down on the table. I sit down beside her.

"Ooo okay," I tap on the table.

"Wanna talk about it, gemini venus," I joke.

I guess one of her relations expired.

She sighs and lifts her head up to look at me.

"Dayum!" I pull back.

"What the fuck happened?" I ask.

She doesn't say anything and wipes her tears.

"Mufucka... I told yo ass stop running yo damn mouth to these people's shawties. Fucked around and go yo ass beat," I point my finger and laugh at her.

She looks me in my eyes with a blank face; the energy from her makes my smile drop into a deadpan, then to a frown.

"Who the fuck hit you in yo face Nola?" I ask, trying to keep myself calm.

She puts her hand over her face and starts crying.

What the hell?

"I said..." I slap the table.

She jumps.

"...who hit you!"

"Bembé!" I hear momma warn.

I ignore her.

"Nola," I warn her.

"Spirit gone take care of it. Just leave the shit alone!" she cries.

"Was it Sommo?" I stand up.

She looks up at me and starts biting one of her knuckles.

"Bembé you don't want beef... sit the fuck down. Me and you both know Som a bitch ass nigga. If anything, it's my fault for being careless-"

"Are you listening to the shit that's coming out yo mouth?" I ask.

"A man beat you up," I point to her bruises everywhere.

She crosses her arms.

"A whole nigga hit you in yo face and you saying it's your fault? Just cause you opening yo legs don't mean you agreeing to get beat the fuck up," I walk pass her and go to my room.

She follows me. I throw on a hoodie and start feeling under my mattress. I pull my gun out and set it on my dresser; I keep feeling under my mattress tryna find what I'm looking for.

"You finna shoot him?" Her eyes get wide.

I look up at her.

"I should! But nah, ima whoop his ass one on one. I'm not even finna bring my baby," I refer to my gun.

I finally feel my lucky necklace and pull it out.

Moldavite wrapped in iron and gold.

I put my necklace on and walk pass her. She tries to grab me. I yank away from her.

"Bembé do not go over there," she tries to warn me.

I look her up and down and ignore every damn thing she says.

I kiss my necklace and rub my legba poppet.

I'm gone.

Rojo's POV

"Excuse me?"

I'm stuck in thought thinking about Bembé and what he could and couldn't be.

"Hey, ayo... excuse me?"

I snap out of it and focus my eyes on a chubby lil mamacita. 

"Yea, my bad. How can I help you," I get back to work.

"Oh I'm good, I just wanted to tell you. I sense the energy in here. It's very strong... in a great way. Like for real," she assures.

I smile at her.

"Well thanks. I try to do my job as best as I can," I nod.

"This is goals. We got some of the same spirits. I just want you to know Santa muerte loves you very much," she takes a skull bracelet off her wrist and puts it on mine.

"Wow, thank you," I say in shock.

I'm not gifted often.

She picks up a pen and starts scribbling.

"Here, this is my media. I don't have many devotee friends," she puts a piece of paper in my hand.

I look down at it.

"Art, Tarot, Music, and everything else you didn't think you needed in your life," I laugh at what she wrote.

She waves and walks to my door.

"You're an artist?" I call after her.

"Yeah both kinds... iamwinklebottom," she smiles and leaves.

Aye; I made a new friend. Cool.

I gotta check her out.

Bembé POV

I spot him sitting on his car with some females lingering around him.

"Ayo, Som!" I walk up to him.

He spits on the ground towards me.

"Come beat on me," I draw back and start whooping his ass.

He falls to the ground. I grab him by his clothes  and stand him up. I let go and square back up.

"Hit on me, come on bruh. Pégame!" I wave him towards me and wait for him to swing.

Blood starts dripping from his nose.

He squares up with me and we start throwing them thangs. I bust his lip and lean back on his ass.

"Stop!" His hoes behind me start screaming.

"I'm pretty sure my sister said stop didn't she," I keep beating his ass.

He falls to the ground. I lose myself for a second. He tries to get up but I shuffle and kick his head back.

"Gotcho ass laid the fuck out," I back away.

He sleep.

I hear him groaning.

"Pussy," I spit on him.

I pull my hood on my head and start walking to the corner store.

Ima cop a drink and some leaves, then I'm taking my black ass home.

Adding this edit in because there is another author who put themselves in their book after I did mine, probably a year and a half after I did it. It's no beef, just want to clarify. I actually read the author's draft before it was all posted and helped them write an important scene.

So I guess I just made an appearance in my own book hahahahahaha. Iknow y'all were probably like "who this bitch checking for Rojo." Girlll Im celibate lmao! Y'all follow me on Instagram @iamwinklebottom !!! 👀 how y'all feeling. I'll update again soon watch out now!