𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐩𝐬𝐞

They say that two people who are madly, hopelessly in love will make it till the end, no matter what. After a while, two bonded souls become one whose hearts beat together and who are bonded mind, body, and soul. They are like puzzle pieces; when two pieces don't fit, they just don't, and when one does find its perfect counterpart, sometimes it's impossible to break those two pieces apart once they are joined. I guess that's where the concept of soulmates comes from; it's not just two people in love with each other, but rather its two hearts and bodies fused into one conjoining soul.

Eda didn't know when she fell for Serkan for the first time. It was the second time around when she realized that he could never just be her lover. He was her soulmate. Even if he didn't know.

They were in Antalya for an award ceremony. The company had been invited to accept the Best Landscape Architecture Project award, and it was all credit to Eda, who had designed and executed the entire project and who would be accepting it. 

It had been almost two months since Serkan had returned without his memories. He and Seline had broken up shortly after returning, and Seline had fled to New York after her game had been exposed. Since then, Serkan had been more closed off as he struggled to come to terms with everything in his life. His flashbacks had intensified, and he knew now Eda and him had been much stronger than he knew. Eda had stopped trying to make him remember in those months, instead focusing solely on work and finished her studies to finally get her degree.

She knew that Serkan could feel something towards her, but for now, the two simply coexisted as partners in the same space. In that time, she had finally started going to therapy for her phobias and started taking care of herself to become healthier. She loved Serkan but knew he needed time to figure out what he wanted as well and decided to stay farther apart from him. But no matter what, the electricity between them still crackled every time they were in the same room, and everyone who saw them could tell they were tied by something. 

That night in Antalya, Eda had decided to take a walk and unknowingly walked to the Temple of Apollo, the same place she and Serkan had connected almost a year ago. The stars were twinkling just the same that night, and finding a spot to sit, Eda settled herself against a column on the ground. Her headphones were in, and her music streamed through her ear almost mindlessly as she gazed at the sky.

 Until that one song. Their song.

 Eda couldn't help but let out a sad smile as tears streamed down her cheeks. The song meant much more to her than she could ever say; it reminded her of Serkan and her, their love. When he had gone missing, Eda had fallen in love with that song as she sang it to the sky each night in hopes for his return. So cruel was fate. Her lover had returned just to be a stranger to her.

 "got the music in you baby

  you've been locked in here forever 

 and you just can't say goodbye."

 As Eda reminisced in her and Serkan's memories, Serkan watched her from afar, afraid to go to her yet yearning to do so. A part of him could feel something connected this place and her with him, and even as he racked his brain, he couldn't remember. Looking up at his fairy, he saw Eda get up. She had closed her eyes and was singing softly as she twirled and moved slowly, waltzing alone. Eda looked ethereal. Her features glowed in the pale moonlight, and she looked like an angel lost in the damned world. Unable to stop himself, Serkan moved towards her.

 "come on and haunt me 

   i know you want me." 

It's funny how fate works. It reunites two people just when they lose hope. As Eda danced alone, she felt her heart start beating faster. Her body moved towards something, preferably someone, and she found herself in his arms. Eda could tell it was Serkan; no one else fit her that well snd her body had memorized his long ago. Opening her eyes, she found Serkan looking at her, and suddenly the two lost lovers were dancing under the stars. 

"kisses on the forehead of the 

  lovers wrapped in your arms."

They fit together, her small hands on his chest, his hands around her waist, their eyes aligned as they stared at each other. There was so much to say, but no words were spoken then. It was just Eda and Serkan finally being able to be together with the stars witnessing them. And as they danced that night, Serkan finally let go of the walls he had put up. Staring into Eda's eyes, he didn't doubt for a second that she had been the woman of his life. Letting go of his fears, he leaned down and kissed her, softly and slowly, as if there was all the time in the world.

 "your lips my lips

   apocalypse."

And at that moment, it didn't matter if he couldn't remember her. It didn't matter if he had been with someone else before. It didn't matter if they were broken. All that mattered at that moment was the way they fit together, like two puzzle pieces that had been lost before, entangled with the wrong parts. At that moment, it was just Eda and Serkan finally together with the stars witnessing them. It was then that they realized that no matter what happened, they would always be ingrained in each other; two souls are conjoined into one. People might exist as separate beings, but their hearts and souls beat together. Love was too simple of a word to describe it. There wasn't a word to describe it. There would never be one. 

And they danced the night away, making new memories together and falling for each other all over again. In the end, even an apocalypse wouldn't be able to separate them. 

 "when your on your own 

   i will reach for you 

   when you're feeling low

   i will be there too."

---------------------------------------

hi all! Thank you so much for all the votes and lovely comments. I apologize for the late update as I was feeling sick today and couldn't write until now. I was inspired by the beautiful song Apocalypse by Cigarettes After Sex and I highly recommend listening to the slowed version as you read. It made me quite emotional thinking about edser and i tried to convey some of those through here. I hope you enjoyed this part and please let me know what you think! 

love, nysa