𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 (𝟐)

Here is the second part to streets! Enjoy!

****************

Eda gasped. The voice of that man was enough for her heart to start pounding. She felt the beginnings of flutters in her stomach. Taking a quick breath, she turned around to meet her rival of the night. Standing in front of her was a tall man, wearing an open white shirt and black trousers. Around his neck hung a simple chain, and his strong hands were adorned with gold rings. When she finally looked up to his face, she took in his messy yet styled red hair and golden eyes covered by a simple midnight blue mask, and his lips pulled into a smirk.

Eda snapped back to reality. He was her rival, a sexy yet very arrogant man who had just talked about winning her title, and here she was thinking about how handsome he was. Her eyes narrowed, and she looked up at him boldly.

"Winning? You? I don't think you realize my potential Robo Bey or that I have never lost a race and tonight's no exception," she said.

Robo stepped closer to her, his eyes roving over her form. He licked his lips, and all Eda wanted to do was move even closer to take his lip in her mouth and lick it, bite it, suck on it, maybe even trace her hands across his firm abdomen as her hands travel down further. She looked away flustered and then, remembering who he was, turned to him with her eyes blazing only to make his smirk widen further.

"We will see Peri Hanim. I don't ever enter a game I don't plan to win and tonight is no exception. I'll see you on the line. Don't forget to drink water before you start, you're looking quite flushed."

With that, Robo stepped away from Eda, leaving behind his intoxicating scent and soft words. Turning around to retort back, Eda suddenly stopped and shut her mouth as the man had already disappeared, lost in the crowd. She turned towards her car slowly. How dare he! Did he really think he would win? And who was he to challenge her? Just a handsome, dreamy specimen of a man and apparently smart enough to have beaten the other racers. She focused again. There was no way she could lose now her pride was at stake. She opened her car and got in, slowly bringing it to the start line.

Eda looked across through her window towards the Black BMW. Her rival rolled down his window and smirked at her one last time before winking and turning towards the moderator. Eda let out a small smile, her cheeks taking on a red tint, and she took another quick breath before opening the map and looking at the track. The race itself was set on a reasonably easy course and avoided main roads. As always, the rules were simple; no running the other off the course, no deterring from the course, and most importantly, getting out quickly if the police were on the trail.

Eda adjusted her seat and mirrors and put her foot on the brake and her hands on the wheel. The moderator wished them luck and began counting down.
3.... She took her foot off the brake
2.... Her hands tightened around the wheel
1....Her mind focused

The flag lifted, and both the competitors stepped on the gas pedal. The tires screeched as the cars were jerked forward, and then they both were off towards the finish line.

Eda gripped the wheel as she tried to get past the black car, which was neck to neck with her. She could see a turn coming up, and she turned sharply, now slightly ahead of her rival. She pressed on the pedal and let out a small smirk. This was her favorite part—the thrill of being the only one on the road racing in a city suddenly at your disposal. The lights around her flashed in quick succession as she kept going, finding her rhythm as she continued onwards to her goal. She was about to turn towards the last stretch of the mile when her eyes caught the headlights of his car, closing in behind her. She tried to move faster, but apparently, the car had reached its limit, and the black BMW came up next to her once more. Her rival brought down his roof and glanced at her once more, his eyes molten and his ever-persistent smirk in place, before pushing on the pedal and moving forward. Eda turned towards her goal and focused, urging her car to keep going. At last, the mile stretched towards the end, and both cars rushed forward, chasing that final line.

For a second, time stopped as the two cars went past the line neck to neck. Silence reigned around them; it was as though there was no one in the world at that moment except for them, surrounded by the neon signs and bright lights of Tokyo. Pushing forward, they both skidded to a stop, and Eda jumped out of the car, ready to confront her opponent. Marching over to his BMW, she knocked against the window harshly, and Robo stepped out, looking as if he was a model for a magazine rather than having just raced through the streets.

"Well, Peri Hanim it is clear that I have won this race of ours. Don't  I deserve a worthy prize for keeping my word," he said.

Eda scoffed and shoved him hard against the shoulder. "It is clear that you are delusional Mr. Robo. I have won this race just like the others and you should simply accept this defeat. Must hurt your male ego doesn't it."

Robo let out a short laugh. "I lost? When? As far as I could tell you were left behind when I distracted you at the stretch."

"Aargh! You arrogant asshole. Last I checked I had left you behind a long while ago at the turn. Clearly your luck helped you catch up before the finish. And as if you really think you are capable of mesmerizing me," Eda retorted back, her eyes flashing to his.

Robo stopped smiling, and suddenly, his gaze became dangerous, and he stepped closer. "You really think that I don't affect you. For example, my eyes don't make you feel nervous or make your stomach flutter" He stepped closer, lips grazing against Eda's ear. "That my scent doesn't make you feel like melting against me. The sound of my voice doesn't spread goosebumps all over your skin" His lips traveled down to Eda's neck, softly kissing her pulse before saying, "The touch of my lips doesn't make you shiver." Eda gasped as he moved his mouth against her skin, her hand coming up to clutch at his chain.

Robo pulled away, his lips pulling into a smirk again as he said, "So clearly, I have no effect on you huh." Eda licked her lips and looked up into his eyes before letting out a slow, sensuous smile.

Moving forward, she pressed the length of her body against his and rose up on her toes to place a quick kiss on his cheek. "Maybe you do Robo. But it's also because I affect you isn't it? What are you going to do about it?"

One minute they were staring at each other, the next his mouth was on hers, and they were kissing hard as though trying to consume the other. Teeth clashing, bruising, branding each other with their lips. Eda's hands traveled up Robo's back, grabbing onto his neck as he tightened his arms around her waist, possessing her. He pushed her towards his car, enclosing her within him and the tinted windows. Their hands traveled all over each other, trying to memorize each curve and part of the other. Their mouths slow down against one another as the initial thrill fades, and they leave behind soft, passionate kisses on one another before pulling apart.

Eda ripped off Robo's mask and murmured, "I love it when you race against me Serkan Bolat."

Her lover chuckled, pulling away her mask, gripping her tighter against his body. "I love when you win against me Eda Bolat Yildiz."

Fate works in really mysterious ways. Just when you don't expect it life throws a surprise like no other at you. Just like that, the mystery of destiny had intertwined their lives together for life much before. The lovers celebrated on this day every year by doing what they had 8 years ago - racing. A long ago, the two rivals had met up on the same streets of Tokyo and bet against each other for a car of their dreams. In the end, both had won and just like that a love story was born Who knew they would end up finding love through a street race!

Reaching up, Eda cupped her husband's cheek and nuzzled her head against his neck, taking a breath in. No matter who had won the race then or now, both knew they had won in life with each other. And that was all that mattered.

--------

"Guess I have to take you home now Peri Hanim."

"Guess you do Robo Bey."

************************************

Notes:

Thank you all for the support! Hope you like this part. I tried to write it as quickly and as best as I could. Hope you enjoy! Please let me know in the comments any suggestions for future one shots.

Love, Nysa