36.| What Cupid Problem?

Start from the beginning

"No. I don't want anything to do with your little boyfriend. We just happened to have fought because he started it." The man says.

"Hey—no, I saw him in the woods staring at Kaleb like a fucking creep trying to shoot arrows—" Lucas argued

Hope placed her hands on his chest trying to calm him down.

"Yeah, with love arrows—they're harmless! Check the quiver." The man says. "Every arrow in there only helps people express the love they already feel inside. Most people say thank you."

"Why didn't you come to get me?" Hope asked Lucas who was searching for the quiver.

"You were busy with Alyssa and I had Kirby's—" The Nephilim paused noticing Landon was gone. "—I had Kirby's help."

The man chuckled. "How romantic; a guy choosing another man over his lover."

Lucas scoffed. "I will literally grab one of these arrows, wrap it in toxin, and shove it up your—"

"Okay!" Hope says cutting him off before placing her attention back on Lucas. "You're lucky that I found you when I did."

"You didn't even find me, I had Kirby go and get you." Lucas corrects the witch.

"Look, I know that you wanted to help," Hope says sighing. "But if you keep trying to be the hero, one day I'm gonna have to choose between saving you and stopping something terrible from happening. And I don't want to think about what that day looks like," she says before taking out an arrow and shifting her gaze to the man. "What does this say?"

"Uh, puppy love." The man says. "Well, that's the modern translation, in greek it's—"

"Don't care." Hope interrupts before picking a red arrow. "What about this one?"

"Self-love. I call it the Narcissus."

"Still want to help?" Hope asks her former lover.

Lucas shrugged.

"Think you can handle the Cupid Problem?" Hope asks

Cupid scoffed offendedly. "Hey, hey. What Cupid problem?"

"Exactly," Hope says. "Just watch him until I get back, okay?"

Lucas nodded

Hope then shifted her attention to Cupid. "And if you want to prove that you mean us no harm—what is the strongest one of those you've got, to melt the coldest, bitchiest heart?"

Cupid smirked before giving all the intel to the Tribrid. And with that, she left.

Lucas kept his eyes on the arrows.

"Looking for something to fix your relationship woes?" Cupid jokes

Lucas sighed. "I don't have relationship woes."

"You're talking to the god of love, bro." Cupid chuckles.

"If I treat my grandfather with no respect I could care less about you Captain Love," Lucas replied with a huff. "But alright Mr.Cupid were you ever in love with a mortal? Like someone way weaker than you?"

"Nah, I try not to mix business with pleasure," Cupid says shaking his head.

"Well, that's me and Hope. Sort of." Lucas informs the man. "There's this prophecy of my death, she doesn't know about it though. But basically, I'm mortal in her eyes and she decided to wear the pants in our relationship."

"Oh. Have you tried both not wearing pants?"

Lucas rolled his eyes. "I don't have time for this. Where the hell is Hope," he says turning his back.

Once the Nephilim turned back he noticed Cupid had now gotten his wings back. And before anything could be said the man flew out the ceiling.

"Hope's gonna kill me." Lucas sighed before running out of the room grabbing the arrows.

Lucas quickly gathered up whoever he was able to find in the school and brought them to the grand hall where he would try to get their help.

"Thank you all for coming. I hereby bring this meeting of the Super Squad to order." Landon announced before correcting himself. "Well, only 1 out of 6 is here. You three I just found. Anyway, I hate speeches so I'll just get to the point. There's a man with a dress on the loose. So um let's get cupid back before Hope willingly gives me to Malivore."

"Yeah. All that, but my destiny is somewhere else. And I got to go find her." Jed says before jumping off the table and running away.

"Jed—whatever." Lucas sighed.

"You can single-handedly take him down, why do you want our help?" Kaleb questioned

"Kaleb, you make me regret making sure he didn't hit you with that damn arrow," Lucas says in annoyance.

The Vamp rolled his eyes. "Come on. I've got Kym's research. Let's go save your life before Hope kills you."

With that, the group made their way out of the school.

Hoping Cupid was near.