This woman was someone he both knew and hardly recognized. 
She still had that steel in her: than cold fierceness which could sent anyone trembling to their knees and follow her orders without question. 

But she was also the woman who had put her son over her religion- over her husband and the orderly, neat world she'd lived in. 
She had taken in Jimin, sat with him during the nights when he cried and made sure he ate well, had a warm bed to sleep in and not have to go back to that wretched house. 

And he saw it in the way they interacted. 
For Christ Sake, Jimin was calling her Eom-ma which, according to the small boy, had been something she'd insisted on. 

There was love between them. 
They were a family. 
All of them. 

And now that his friends were there: complete. 
His life was utterly, absolutely complete. 

He watched with a little sympathetic smile as all six of them fell into line at the three words out of his mother's mouth, lowering their heads and whispering a "Sorry, Mrs. Jeon" under their breath. 

His mother shot him a little knowing smile too, then straightened her back. 
"Okay. Now, I talked with the doctors earlier. Jungkook has to stay in hospital for a couple more days but it seems he can go home after that. I will head home now and make us all some dinner and will be back later. I'm leaving my two sons in your hands, so you better behave!"

His heart stuttered at the mentioning of two sons, and Jimin had to come stand beside him, interlocking their fingers and smiling down at him. 
Yes. 
He was his family now too. 

His mother came over, kissed his forehead and let a hand run over Jimin's white hair, smiling at them both adoringly and there were tears shimmering in her eyes as she glanced down at their interlocked hands. 

"You two... I'm so happy for you." 

And she meant it with her whole heart. 

Jimin only beamed at her, but for Jungkook this was still so new. 
It felt like only a week ago, that day in front of the café as he saw Jimin stumble down the steps, face pale and wobbly lips after what his mother had said to him. 
And now there was love between them. 

Maybe his coma did have something positive.
It was like Yoongi always said: even in darkness there can be light.
Even when life is cloudy and rainy, there is a rainbow just behind the horizon. 

He watched his mother leave and then all hell broke loose again, the Hyung's swarming him once more. 
He looked at them more closely.

Taehyung had his wide, rectangular smile on his face, his eyes alight with the joy and happiness he carried around him like a ray of sunlight. 
Still happy- still innocent and sweet. 

Jin had changed his hair to black again, and while he kind of missed the purple, it made him look a little more mature and he wore a proud and self-assured smile on his face. 

Next to him, Namjoon looked possible even thicker, his arms bulging out under the tight shirt and like Jin, he changed his hair color. He never imagined light blue could suit anyone, but Namjoon rocked it like nothing he'd seen before, standing next to his boyfriend with an adoring smile. 

Hoseok was beaming down at him brighter than the sun, warming his heart and his soul even more.
Trapped in a half hug was Yoongi with a gummy smile playing on his lips.
It made him look younger, his face no longer as pale and ghostly and he held Jungkook's eyes with no trouble. 

"You really waited for me," he choked out, overwhelmed by his emotions. 

"Of course we did." Namjoon immediately replied, his expression that of a big brother.