Chapter Twenty-Five || picnic date

Start from the beginning

"Baby, come on. Wake up." I peck her cheek, going down her jaw until I reach her collarbone. She raises a hand to grip my hair, I smirk when she inhales sharply.

"I don't wanna." She tilts her neck, giving me more access to trail open-mouth kisses. Her eyes are still closed but I can hear the small smile on her lips when she's speaking.

"What if I said I have something planned?"

"Like what?" She finally opens her eyes, glancing back at me, still gripping my hair as I run my hands down her waist.

I flip her over, so she's now on her back. She lets out a little giggle, putting her arm around my neck and pulling me closer.

"I wanna take you out. On a date. Today. If that's okay with you." I brush my nose against hers, making her grin widen.

"Okay." She drawls out, furrowing her eyebrows a bit. "Can you tell me what we're doing?"

"It's a surprise." She pouts, to which I laugh.

"Can you at least tell me what I should wear?" She raises an eyebrow at me.

"I don't know. Something pretty?" She scoffs, rolling her eyes. "What?"

"You're so helpful." Adina sarcastically tells me, squeezing my cheeks together before letting go.

"Thank you, I know." I grin, pretending to throw my nonexistent hair over my shoulder, making her shake her head in playful annoyance.

She tries to turn away from me but I grip her chin, making her turn to face me. Adina smirks up at me while I tuck a piece of hair behind her ear.

"How long have you been up?"

"Not that long." I lie, not wanting to stress her out. Especially after the long night she had.

My eyes trace over her face as she does the same to me.

"You're lying." She deadpans, her eyebrows furrowing in a concerned expression.

"Wh–"

"Don't worry. It's fine if you don't want to tell me." She brushes my cheek with the back of her fingers, a small smile on her lips. "But, I'll be here when you want to talk." I take her hand away from my cheek, kissing it before entwining our hands together.

"Shouldn't I be the one saying that?" I say, lowly.

"I'm fine, V. More than fine, actually." Adina smiles up at me.

The corners of my lips slowly lift, until Adina lifts her hand and pokes my cheek. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, making her giggle.

"Boop." She bops my nose before bursting into another fit of giggles. I just smile, my eyes narrowing in amusement.

"You're such a doof." I chuckle to myself, shaking my head.

"Yeah, but I'm a cute doof." She poses, and I raise an eyebrow.

"That you are." I peck her nose, but before I can pull away again she grips the back of my neck, pulling me in for a kiss.