---

Namjoon

"Dude, where did you put the chips?" Yoongi yelled from the kitchen.  

I was looking through our pantry sure we had a few bags left from the last party. The party. The one I'd been a complete jerk to Sophie. Thankfully, we were past that now, and she never mentioned it again. 

We'd run into each other at the Coffee Hut a while ago and I'd actually had a great time. She was funny, she was kind, and she was talking to me because she simply wanted to know more about me. I'd even told her about my art interests. I'd have to show her my parents' collection one day, I was pretty sure she'd lose it if she saw the small gallery in our house.

"Ah, finally!" I grabbed the bags of chips and sauntered into the kitchen. Yoongi and his girlfriend were mixing drinks and plating the food, taking the responsibility from Jin and Maggie for once.

I couldn't remember when our Game Nights started, but I swear, each time we have it another one of my friends had a girlfriend. At least we had a rule that new flings aren't allowed, saving us the trouble of meeting Jimin's or Tae's new girlfriend of the week.

Tae, of course, was running late, so the rest of us made ourselves comfortable in the living room. The sofa was too small for all of us, and we just spread out on the carpet, the low coffee table in the middle. I smiled internally when I saw that we were playing Trivia tonight, and leaned back on the sofa as Yoongi brought out the last snacks.

Checking my phone one last time before Jin locked - yes, locked - them in a box for the rest of the night. It was 7:58, and the doorbell rang. Finally, Tae was here and we could start.

Maggie rushed to the door, and Jungkook and I exchanged looks before we both rolled our eyes. Of course Tae forgot his keys again. When would he grow up?

Maggie's loud laughter echoed from the hallway, accompanied by another laugh. Light, sweet, shy. I knew that laugh.

The door into the living room opened, and I didn't miss the irony.

Sophie stood next to Maggie, who was dragging her into the room, a nervous smile playing on her lips.

My face, on the other hand, was not so poised. I shut my gaping mouth shut and regained my posture. But my eyes, I couldn't overt, no, they were glued to Sophie as I traced her every detail. From the tight, ripped-at-the-knee jeans, to the form-fitting black tee and the lace peeking over her shoulder. I noted that curled hair made her look even sweeter, and her pink lips reminded me of our kiss. The kiss. By the time my gaze focused on her eyes, I realised they were staring right back at me. The hazel laced with shyness and light amusement. 

Then Jimin was suddenly pulling her into a bear hug, and her giggle filled the room that suddenly smelled like spring despite the snowstorm raging outside.

"Baby cakes, I had no idea you were coming," Jimin said as he pulled back from their hug to look at her. The light blush on her cheeks brought a smile to my lips.

"I didn't either, until yesterday," Sophie said and handed a plate to Maggie who rushed to the kitchen.

"Hey big bro," Sophie leaned down enough to press a kiss to Jin's cheek. I found myself wishing those lips on my cheek. I shook my head slightly, this was not friend-like behaviour.

"Come, you're my teammate," Jimin took Sophie's hand and tugged her to sit down on the carpet next to him. With Jin paired with Maggie, Yoongi with his girl, Jimin with Sophie, that left Hobi, Jungkook and me. When Jungkook made a move to stand up and come sit next to me, Jimin leaned over Sophie to grab Jungkook's arm, "Don't pout, we're still a team."

Urgency took over Sophie's face, "Wait, no, you guys play together, I can just watch."

Jimin waved away her worry, "This is your first time playing, so just think of us as your wise teachers."

A laugh escaped Hobi and me before we could stop it. Jimin shot us a look, and I managed to form a sentence between the laughter, "Apologies for interrupting, oh wise master."

Jimin scowled at us, but failed and ended up laughing with us. Sophie just looked at Jungkook as if she were asking 'Is this what you have to deal with daily?' It only made us laugh harder.

Jin, the officially recognised MC, began to speak and got our attention. "Good, we're all paired up," he shot a look at Jimin, Jungkook, and Sophie, "or tripled up," earning a boo at his joke. He didn't let it kill his spirit as he passed on the box for our phones.

Sophie looked at it with raised brows and Jimin leaned closer to explain it, and I suddenly found myself wishing she were on my team, sitting next to me on our rug, listening to me whisper into her ear.

Maggie returned with a plate of something that smelled delicious, and like ... rum? "Sophie baked brownies for us," Maggie explained as she set the plate on the coffee table. Everyone looked at Sophie, thanking her and making her blush yet again, before grabbing a piece and mumbling how delicious it was. Of course, I had to try one, and the only way I could describe them was heavenly. The smile I got when I told Sophie just that could melt the coldest icebergs.

"All done," Jin announced, "Let the games begin!"