ᑕᕼᗩᑭ丅ᗴᖇ 3

----- ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴏʀɪɢɪɴᴀʟ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟽

The first couple of times the two shard a bed, Albus found it a little strange, waking up to Scorpius next to him. But he pretty quickly got used to it. Honestly, that was probably because he kind of... liked it. Laying in bed, Albus went into deeper thought about other things, like... relationships. Scorpius and Rose were already going steady and doing very well for themselves, and Albus hadn't even been on a single date yet! He had to catch up. But, what could he do? Where would he even start? He was fine being alone anyway, love wasn't a desperate priority he had to entertain.... Christmas break had been coming up, tomorrow would be the first official day of the winter break. Albus had written earlier on to his parents, asking if Scorpius could stay with them for a few days. He was still waiting for a reply.

Albus turned over to face Scorpius, taking in his image before starting to wake him up. He shook him by the shoulder, specifically. "Scorpius! Get up, lazy pants. We need to get ready" Scorpius cringed and sat up a little "Lazy pants?... Seriously? What are you, a middle-aged father of 3?" Albus slipped out of bed and walked to the chair onto which he'd dumped his uniform, starting to get dressed again "Yeah, okay... anyway we gotta get to the hall for breakfast. So like... hurry up or whatever." Scorpius would've lazed around a little more, but he was actually pretty hungry. The boy sat up with a whine and stretched his pale limbs. "Yeah... yeah aight, I'll take just a moment don't run off..."

During mealtime, several owls flew in and started dropping things onto the large tables. "Ooh! The post is here!" Albus looked up from his plate of food, watching who got things and how much stuff was sent in. He was still hoping for a reply so he was also hoping something would come for him. He had a gut feeling he'd be getting a response. And of course, he was right. A letter was dropped right in front of him, barely missing his breakfast. He picked it up and turned it over, seeing it was from his mom and dad. Score. He opened up the letter quickly and began to read. As he skimmed through the letter, his expression brightened the further down the page his eyes traveled. "So, what does it say?" Scorpius said, watching Albus the whole time. Albus put the letter down and got back to eating, sliding the letter to Scorpius

"Bingo, it says that you can stay with us for a part of the holidays!" The boy looked delighted. Scorpius picked up the letter and skimmed over it himself, also lighting up. This came as quite a surprise to him. "Really? Wait, you asked for that?" "Yeah... kinda. I mean I think it'll do you some good if you and I spend some time together, what do you think? Without all the assignments in the way and stuff" Scorpius was bouncing in his seat, this was like a mini Christmas gift on its own. "Oh sheesh- wow- thank you! Oh damn, this holiday is really gonna be a fun one then- I-I promise I'll behave! I hope your parents aren't mad at me still... Oh wow.... Wait- when are we leaving?" Albus had just stuffed his mouth with food again so he just pointed to the bottom of the letter at a separate line that read, 'Make sure you don't forget anything, we will be picking you up tomorrow, on the first day'

It was an exciting evening for the boys. Picking, stuffing, packing, cleaning and constantly talking about all the stuff they could do in the holidays. Scorpius told Rose about the plan and said his quick goodbyes. The boys were excited so they had a bit of trouble falling asleep, but they managed to eventually. The following morning they got to their train safely and waited out the long ride before finally stepping off on the King's Cross station where Albus's parents said they'd pick them up. Ginny and Harry stood by a pillar, waiting for the boys. Upon seeing them Albus grabbed his luggage and ran over, dropping it on the floor before hugging both of them tightly. He missed them... a lot. Scorpius picked up his luggage and timidly walked over as well. "Hello boys!" Ginny said, giving Albus a kiss on the forehead and then looking over at Scorpius with a bright smile "How are you, Scorpius?"