Chapter 6 (UA Sports Festival; Obstacle Race)

Once her enjoyable weekend was over, in came the UA sports festival. Sumire's siblings trained her intensely for this, for some reason Sumire had only managed to learn some basic Muay Thai. She looked forward to this day, she'd finally get to see if she was stronger than some of her classmates, she walked to a food stall and bought three sticks of Yakitori.

"Yoo! Yakitori!" Umemoto reached for one of the sticks of Yakitori, but Sumire slapped his hand away. Umemoto blinked and reached again for one of the Yakitori sticks. "Yoo! Yakitori!" He repeated, Sumire slapped his hand away again. "Aw! C'mon, Sum-Sum!"

"This is the allowance I saved up! Don't you have yours?" Umemoto froze. Satoshi bought some Yakitori and held it out for his cousin. "Here ya go, Ume." Umemoto whined. "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK OF ME? POOR?" Umemoto stormed off, Kohana followed him to one of the seats inside the arena. Satoshi shrugged and patted Sumire's head. "See ya out there, good luck, Lil sis!" And he walked off to follow his other sister and cousin.

"Hey, Furuya-chan!" Sumire heard her name, she thought that maybe it was someone nearby calling for her brother or sister when she didn't see anyone walking towards her. But once she turned to enter the changing rooms a hand latched onto her shoulder, making her yelp in surprise. "Relax, it's only me." It was just Momo, Sumire laughed out of embarrassment. "A-ah, sorry. I thought that they were calling for my brother or my sister." Sumire and Momo talked and laughed on their way to the changing rooms. Once both ladies were changed into their uniforms, the students were called into the arena.

Once Sumire and her classmates entered the arena a lot of people cheered for class 1-A, but there was two in particular that made her hide her face in her palms. 

"YO! SUMIRE! YOU AIN'T GOIN' HOME UNLESS YOU WIN!" Umemoto yelled as he let out a shrill and loud kabuki 'Yoo'

"YOU GOIN' DO OUR CHORES FOR A WEEK AS WELL!" Satoshi added.

"DON'T FORGET WHAT WE TOLD YOU ABOUT TAKING YOUR JACKET OFF!"

 "This is dangerous." Sumire glanced over at her sister, who was holding an all to familiar closed eye smile, that smile was obviously saying "These two are dead when we get home" 

______________

Midnight went on to explain the rules and what the sports festival was gonna be about.  Midnight then announced the preliminaries (or the First Event) of the Sports Festival. She reveals the first event to be the Obstacle Race;: a nearly 4 km race around the stadium. Sumire quickly put her gloves and took off her PE top so she could easily access her wings, she knew that her brother and cousin were protesting about it in the background but their screams were overlapped with the cheering of the ecstatic crowd.

Sumire smirked as she looked over she shoulder, she knew how to get under their skin. Before waiting for the start signal Sumire placed her PE top on a nearby chair, knowing that no one would take it. 

Once the start signal was heard, a crowd of students forced themselves into the large corridor, ending up getting packed-up together. Sumire, who was still standing out of the crowded entrance looked at the space above the crowded students, she summoned her wings from out of her back and flew above the UA students. Some of them tried to pull her in with them, some tried to stop them by using their quirks, but failed. Sumire was able to get out of that cramped, the students who were at the front of the racing students were stuck, Sumire squinted her eyes and saw a trail of ice. Todoroki must have gone ahead so she must catch up.

 A few students were able to break out of that trap, Sumire peaked behind her and saw Bakugo charging towards her direction. "GET OUTTA THE WAY, FEATHERS!" Sumire panicked and used her wings to shield herself as Bakugo flew by with his explosions. Once he was gone, Sumire realized that she was still far behind. She sped up he flying and ended up in a Robo-Inferno. "SHIT, WHAT IN THE HELL!?" Sumire hastily, but not so flawlessly dodged the colossal robot and it's attacks. 

"FURUYA-CHAN! LET ME STICK MY BALLS ON YOU!" 

Sumire turned around and saw Mineta falling towards her direction with two of his purple balls in his hands. Sumire shrieked, and out of her trained  reflexes, her wings were able to swat Mineta to a different area. She heard someone screaming after hearing Mineta land somewhere, well, whoever that was, they were unfortunate. 

Sumire was able to arrive to the second part of the obstacle course,  competitors must traverse large stone pillars connected by tightropes without falling into the pit below in order to move on to the next obstacle. Some of the students seemed to be struggling, well, Sumire took the easy route and flew over the whole thing.

It was on to the final part of the obstacle course, which was a field of mines. "This obstacle course has been nothing but easy so far." She yawned. Todoroki and Bakugo were able to get into her sight, Sumire looked around and realized that they were the only three there. "This is almost the end of the-" Sumire noticed a lot more students coming into the minefield. Sumire quickened the beating of her wings so she would be able to try and get ahead of Shouto and Katsuki. And in no time, she was miles away from Shouto and Katsuki. "NO WAY, I'M GONNA LOSE TO YOU, FEATHERS!" 

"H-HEY, WATCH OUT!"

"Heh?"

Sumire didn't have much reaction time, she turned her head to look over what was going on, but got knocked to the field of mines by Izuku Midorya. "I'm sorry!" Izuku rushed off. Bakugo flew past Sumire while yelling at Izuku. Sumire picked herself off from the ground and almost toppled backwards due to the weight of her wings. She ran as fast as her legs could go, but she wasn't as fast as she normally was, the weight of her wings were holding her back. Todoroki ran past her as she watched in confusion. "What in the hell?" Sumire peaked over her shoulder and saw a bunch of other UA competitors coming their way.

Sumire ran faster, she didn't wanna lose. She quickly plucked a feather off from the cluster of feathers attached to her back. Once the feather was picked off the other feathers slowly followed, they were slowly falling off one by one. The more feathers fell off, the quicker Sumire had gotten. And by the time she had exited the Obstacle Course, the rest of her feathers had turned into ashes. 

Sumire checked the scoreboard and saw herself in fourth place. "Damn, could have done better." Sumire walked over to the chair, where she had left her top, and slid her top back on...

_____________________
BONUS 
Mitsou yawned as she walked towards the coffee machine, being a hero was damn tiring. "Enso-san! Isn't that one of your kids?" One of her interns pointed at the flat screen attached to the wall, it showed the top 42 competitors and how they got to where they were. 

The screen had Sumire shown in fourth place. 

"I raised that bitch!"