Chapter 2 (After School)

"You're quirk is really cool, Furuya-chan. You'd make a great hero, y'know!" 

A student named Mina Ashido complimented. "R-really? You think so?" Mina nodded, Sumire blushed. "Thank you, I guess." Mina placed her hand on Sumire's shoulder. "Anyway, I'll be off now." MIna waved Sumire off as she walked out of the UA gates, Sumire nodded.

She walked down to the train station, neither Umemoto nor Satoshi was with her, her older relatives still had an hour more in their class. Sumire stood in the station waiting for her train to arrive, she looked around the station for a bit and noticed a familiar purple-haired boy, Sumire panicked a bit and tried to hide her face with her hand. "This is such perfect timing." She thought sarcastically. The train had soon arrived, relief hasn't reached Sumire yet. She sat at the farthest end of the train hoping to get away from the boy she noticed in the train station, but no, the boy she saw at the train station sat next to her when there were multiple places to sit on. 

"Hello." He greeted. "Hi." Sumire greeted back awkwardly.

An uncomfortable silence was placed between them, the tension got thicker as the train moved around. The two were silent the whole trip. As they got off the train they awkwardly walked in the same direction, Sumire sped up and eventually reached her house.

She shoved the keys in the keyhole and busted in once opened. "HI! HELLO! I'M HOME!" Sumire kicked her shoes off and ran to her room. "Imouto? Are you okay?" Kohana knocked on Sumire's door. "Y-yeah? Cha-ha! I'm okay!" Sumire laughed, she slipped her uniform off and replaced them with a white shirt, black shorts, and her favorite lilac cardigan. She opened her door. "Aniwei! How's school? Please! Tell me all about it!" Kohana smiled, being the lovely elder sister she was, she took Sumire downstairs and sat her down on the counter. 

"Do you want something to eat first?"

"Yes, please."

Kohana reached into the oven and took out a tray of freshly baked cookies that looked like little bears. "Here you go, careful though, they're hot!" Sumire took a cookie and happily munched on it. "How was school, Aniwei?" Sumire repeated. "It was great! And, how bout you? How was UA?" 

"It was awesome! Though, our teacher is a bit scruffy. But eh, he's pretty cool!"

"Oh my, is that so? Well then." Kohana extended her arm to the left, a small white snake slithered out of her light blue haori jacket. The snake slithered away to the living room and came back with envelopes in his mouth. "Thank you, Soramaru." Kohana took the envelopes as the snake slithered back into her haori.

"Look! When I came home these envelopes were on the doormat. These letters are from dad!"

Sumire nearly choked on the cookie she was chewing on. "P-papa?"

"Yes! In fact, he's written one for each of us. Surprisingly, he's written one for our aunts and cousin too!"

Kohana slid an envelope addressed to Sumire. "Wh-why would he be sending us letters now?"

"I don't know, I'm just glad to know that he was thinking about us-"

"Yo! We're home!"

"Welcome home, Aniki, Itoko!"

Umemoto guided Satoshi to the table, the older male looked a bit beat up. "Aniki! What happened?" Kohana asked as she sent one of her bigger snakes to take the first aid kit out from the first-floor restroom. "Heh, bastards." Satoshi smiled. "What?"

"On our way home, a bastard kept talking about ways to ruin Kohana's reputation at school. I took care of 'em."

Kohana hugged her brother. "I know you wanna protect me, but I can handle anything, Aniki." Umemoto patched up Satoshi's wounds. "Ya don't need to be so overprotective." Satoshi apologized.

__________________

After two hours of eating cookies, laughing, exchanging stories, making pillow forts, and watching horror movies, the four of them eventually fell asleep in the living room...

_______________

"Hey, we're home!"

"Hello?"

"Shh! Mitsou, darling. Look!"

"Oh, how adorable!"

Kohana's head was laid on Satoshi's right shoulder, Ume's head was on Satoshi's lap while his body was curled up into a ball, Sumire was cuddled up against her older sister. Mitsou took multiple photos of the adorable scene on the couch.

The lights suddenly switched on which made the four jolted awake. "Wakey, wakey, my dear children!" Kusinda chirped. Sumire yawned and got off the couch, she snatched her letter from the counter and walked off to her room...