35.| This is Why We Don't Entrust Plans to Muppet Babies.

Start from the beginning

Landon glanced at Lucas and Wade who both had hurt expressions.

Hope realized what she had said and instantly regretted it. "I sh-shouldn't have said that."

"You do know the reason I've bothered helping out in this school is to prove I'm trying to become a better man for you?" Lucas says glancing at the Tribrid, growing annoyed by the second.

"If I need someone to slaughter a village, or kill their ex-lover because they're a jealousy out of control monster, I know who to call." Hope shot back with sarcasm.

Wade stood up from his seat before walking out of the room.

And Lucas eyed the witch.

"Hey, Lucas." Alyssa smiled. "And Lucas's little plaything. There's a monster on campus. It kind of looks like that pimple Hope had last week."

"Are you sure it wasn't your own reflection?" Hope snarled

Alyssa rolled her eyes and walked away.

"Great it's strong enough to be on our plane." The Nephilim sighed

"Okay, well, we need to get you somewhere safe just in case," Hope replied. "So you don't go getting dragged back into Hell, again."

"Shut up. And actually, I don't think the monster is after me." Lucas says. "It avoided Landon, Wade, and I."

"Then what does it want?"

That's when it hit Lucas. "Josie," he whispered.

Just as he stood up, Lucas fell onto the floor unconscious. The Nephilim opened his eyes and noticed he was no longer in the Salvatore school. But he was now—in hell?

"Lucas!"

"Father? What am I doing here?" Lucas whispered in confusion. "Am I dead?"

"No, I've brought you back. Because we need to talk about your prophecy."

Lucas sighed. "I've got in under control."

"I bet you do. But that's not what I'm speaking about, son." Lucifer replied.

"Then what's the problem?"

"I was able to get Amenadiel to come and help me out. Lucas, this dark magic, you must not let it get into you." Lucifer said in a very serious/worried tone. "If that dark energy travels into your body. I'm afraid of what will happen."

"I don't understand what that has to do with the Prophecy?"

Lucifer sighed. "Once you get the magic, they'll want to remove everything. And once everything is removed, you'll be human. You'll be killable."

"But they wouldn't DeGrace me," The Nephilim said rather confidently.

" "You will be betrayed by all." Lucas, they will do whatever they need to keep the school safe." Lucifer said. "You must keep your distance from the magic."

Lucas nodded. "Okay. I will. I swear it."

"Good." Lucifer sighed in relief before walking towards his son. "Goodbye."

With that Lucifer snapped his fingers and Lucas was brought back to the Salvatore school. His eyes opened and he was in Hope's room.

"Oh, my god. You're okay." Hope sighed in relief holding in a sob.

Lucas furrowed his brows. "H-how long was I out for?"

"A few hours. But your heart stopped." Hope informed him. "We beat the monster."

"Oh, you did? How?"

"Wade."

Lucas hummed and sat in silence. It was obvious that something had been on his mind and bothering him. Hope knew him too well, she was able to read him like a book.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," Lucas replied

Hope sighed. "Luc, talk to me."

"You really think I'm a monster? Do you think that low of me?" Lucas questioned, his heart slowly breaking.

The Tribrid hesitated. "I didn't mean it, the Qareen was in my head—"

"That's not what I asked Hope!" Lucas said raising his tone.

Hope slightly flinched

"I guess that's my answer." The Nephilim says before standing to his feet.

He exited the room and made his way back to the gym, he didn't feel like going outside with all the witches. Lucas didn't understand why he was so upset, but at the same time, he did. The boy couldn't stop thinking about the prophecy and the words his father told him earlier.

An hour passed by and he heard footsteps. Lucas continued to hit the punching bad, trying to take out the built-up anger.

"That jab is really coming along."

Lucas stood quiet, ignoring the Tribrid.

Hope let out a small sigh. "Earlier, I-I should've been honest—"

"Forget about it. The monster was all in your brain. I get it." Lucas interrupted

"I can't. As much as it hurts, um, what I said was true." Hope admitted

The Nephilim stopped his punching and turned towards the Tribrid. "I'm not sure this is how you earn forgiveness."

"Look, um, I love you, Lucas," Hope says walking up towards him. "I love that you need the reassurance that you aren't a bad guy. I love giving it to you. I love that you started opening up more, I love that we won today because of your ideas, and I love that you're always trying to be better. But, um, I don't want you to be the hero. Th-The hero's never the one that's left standing. I'm not going to push you to be better. Especially now that the monsters are back."

Lucas slightly grinned in disbelief. "I'm not stopping. I don't need your push, I can do it on my own. I'm not fighting to be the hero. I'm fighting so that we're both standing at the end of this." he says before turning and punching the bag.

He could hear Hope's footsteps becoming distant. And Lucas planned on telling Hope and showing her the prophecy. But if she was this overprotective now, just imagine once she finds out.

As the Nephilim was working out, he could hear a thud coming from Hope's room. And Lucas was quick to run in the direction of the room.

"Hope—what the hell?" Lucas says bursting through the door and noticing Alyssa and Hope going at it.

"She did something to the twins and Dr. Saltzman," Hope says

Those words were enough to worry Lucas.

Lucas picked Alyssa up by the neck and held a tight grip. "What the hell did you do?"

And from there, things were only going to get worse.