Meeting The Platoon

Noctis

"What are you?" Mike asks.

What do I say? That is a specific question and hard to lie your way out of, so I just answer with a question instead, "What do you mean?"

"Don't pretend you don't know what I am talking about. I saw you get clawed in the stomach and back, but there are no wounds. There are only scars there now."

"Let it go Mike," I warn.

"No, I deserve to know what's going on."

"It doesn't concern you anymore, Mike. Leave it alone," I sternly says.

"Noctis..." Mike starts but I cut him off.

"No, Mike. I am not letting this up so just stop," I tell him and he closes his mouth.

I grab my bag and go up to Peters who is standing with a few medics that are attending to the other trainees. I am so thankful these rogues didn't shift.

"General Peters?"

"Kilo, I wanted to speak with you," I nod to him to continue, "I would like to take you into the army as a First Lieutenant to lead one of our special unit platoons."

"Wha...really?"

"Yes, I am very impressed with your fighting skills and you seem to know very advanced hand to hand combat. Maybe the best I have ever seen."

"Thank you, Sir. What does the special unit platoon do?"

"They go on special missions. If there is an old, unexplained death or battle, you will go investigate and take down the attackers."

"Thank you, Sir. I will gladly accept.

I have never heard of someone being moved through the ranks this quickly. I am kinda proud of myself. I will be leading a team to fight the dangerous stuff. I am excited.

Braelynn? I hear Pa's voice enter my head. I look around the tree line and spot his black wolf.

"Excuse me, I need to go. I will be back in a few minutes."

Peters nods and I run off in the direction of the forest. I am lead deep enough in so no one in the field can see us. Pa shifts back and I give him a hug.

"I missed you Pa."

"I missed you too Brae. How are you feeling? I heard about your promotion. Tell me how you get a promotion from a trainee to a first Lieutenant?"

"I have no clue Pa, but I am so excited. Did you see those rogues. There was at least forty of them and then the leader. The leader stayed on the sidelines and ordered the wolves around. The trainees were in some kind of trace, like they were under an Alpha command. They attacked us."

"Fatalities?"

"About 35 rogues and 2 trainees. Sergeant Ross is injured."

"What about you?"

"I'm fine. I took care of the rogues and only took two blows."

"Any suspicions?"

I look down at the question and sigh, "Mike. He say me get hurt and now sees the scars. He knows something is wrong, but I haven't told him."

"Try to keep it that way, Brae. You know how bad it can be if the humans found out."

"I know Pa, I will be careful. You should probably get back to the pack house. I have to leave soon."

"Okay Braelynn, stay safe and good luck. Do you still have the necklace?"

"Of course," I smile, taking it out from its place tucked in my shirt.