Poem: "HIM"💙

I'm constantly missing him.

Our relationship sadly has far more leverage than ones with other humans in my life. I'd choose to be with him right now. I wouldn't think twice. I'm sorry best friend. I'm sorry grandma. I just want him. It's like this all the time when I'm at college. He annoys me when I'm home, constantly nagging and whining when I give others attention. Understably, but I hate when males are clingy. I can't even hug and talk to my mom without him getting upset! He minds well be the jealous boyfriend I never wanted. Yet– I'm always calling to check on him every day like he is my significant other. Bashful and all, I'm in love with those grey eyes. Pathetically, it was his eyes that intrigued me that day from the rest of the bunch. It was something about him that I couldn't resist and it was no shocker that I fell in love quickly after the first night. My heart caved within seconds of listening to his little snores. Arguably one of the best days of my life was March 6th 2015. The year I finally got what I've been asking for, a companion. He's more than I could ever ask for in any other human being. Funny. Loyal. A mixture of sour and sweet. Comfy. Warm. He keeps me going. Only thing is.....he's not even a human being at all. It's crazy how dogs can make us feel this way.

✨Inspiration?: Most of you that read my stories know that I'm in college, which is a couple of hours away from my hometown. Being up there for three months at a time, I really....like really be missing my dog. No offense to my mom or my other family, but I tend to miss him the most. It's not like I can call him on the phone like "yo what's good, bighead. What toy you chew on today?"😭

Harlem💙🐶

Q: Thoughts 🤔? Got a Dog or pet? Can you relate?