Volpina

here's the long-awaited (and overdue) chapter! Enjoy! 

"Yes, I'm busy. I was right in the middle of something very important. What do you want?" Gabriel spoke on his phone as he was standing by a painting of his wife, holding the book containing records of the miraculous holders.

Adrian and Y/n who were about to head out overheard the phone call and decided to snoop on the man, watching him as he placed the book in a safe.

" What?! This is unacceptable! The sample garment doesn't match at all! All you had to do was follow a pattern. . . Imbeciles! What am I supposed to do? The show is in three days!" He closed the painting, noticing it was one of Adrien's mom. " No, don't use him, he's completely useless. Call my assistant, She'll give you some other names."

"He hides stuff behind the painting of mom?" Adrian whispered to Y/n. As his father left the room, their Kawamis peeked out to watch with them.

"I love dirty secrets!" Plagg exclaimed as they walked over to the painting.

"Right?" Alpha nodded. "adds spice to life." Adrien opened the painting to see the safe that was hidden behind it. 

"Ooh! Go on! Open it! Open it!" The two kawamis urged on.

" I can't do it. My dad wouldn't like me going through his stuff. Besides, I don't even know the code, and my fencing class is about to start."

"Not to mention how much trouble we'll be in if we got caught." Y/n agreed.

"You're such a party pooper," Plagg said as the two phased through the safe door.

"Plagg/Alpha, No!" The teens exclaimed.

" My, my, what have we got here?" Plagg's muffled voice was heard.

"A book on Tibet, an old flyer from a hotel, a load of junk," Alpha was heard after.

"Come on! Where's the good stuff?" The safe door was cracked open as the two glanced at each other before opening it to see the two kawamis looking through a paper before knocking over a book, Adrien quickly catching it as they looked at the cover.

"I've seen this book somewhere before," Plagg said. "But who cares? I'm famished! I need Camembert!"

"Why is my dad keeping this locked in a safe?" Adrien questioned, flipping through before stopping at a page with Hawkmoth on it. "Hawkmoth? What's this monster doing in a book about superheroes?"

"We aren't sure if it's the Kawami's fault for the user's evildoings though," Y/n said.

"Cheese!" Plagg interrupted. "Didn't you hear me?" The two gasped at the sounds of footsteps and Adrian stuffed the book in his bag as Y/n closed the picture just as Natalie and their bodyguard entered the room.

"Adrien? Y/n? You're going to be late." Natalie scolded.

"We were. . . looking for my homework." Adrien nervously chuckled, Y/n quickly nodding with the lie.

"Gosh, I keep telling you to stop misplacing it so much." Y/n laughed along.

***

"Can you believe Lila knows Prince Ali?" Rose exclaimed, Marinette passing by at Juleka and her conversation before looking at Chloé make her next tantrum as she passed her.

"Why did Jagged Stone write a song about Lila when he could've written about me?" She grumbled, walking off with Sabrina trailing behind her with both their things in her arms.