𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

The commander hands me the book and I snatch it out of his hands. "Thank you, commander!" He laughs as I cradle the book lovingly.

"You're welcome, Soldier. Levi mentioned how you've been wanting to read that book and I already had it so I thought I'd bring it down here for you." The world does not deserve this man.

I'm about to open the book, my face full of glee, but Levi jerks it out of my grip. My mood instantly turns agitated.

"Oi! What the hell-"

"You're still grounded." He says while clutching onto the book. He pulled it out of my reach when I got to grab it.

I lunge for the book again but he swings his arm away at the last second. From the corner of my eye I see Commander Erwin scoot a few feet away on the chair, he was sitting on minutes ago, probably not wanting to get involved with Levi and me. Even the guards standing down here moved a few feet away.

Deciding I had enough with this I let out an animalistic growl and charge at Levi. His eyes widen momentarily at my sudden actions as I full-on tackle him to the ground. My arms were around his and my body was half thrown across him as we landed with a thump against the hard ground.

Even though we're both still on the ground we don't stop fighting. He reached his arm out of my reach again while pushing away my snarling face away. I go to reach for the book again, but a new sense of determination filled within me so I decided to take things to the next level.

I made eye contact with Levi as I licked up the palm of my hand, making sure it got nice and slobbery and shoved it towards his face. He quickly drops the book and scurries away from me with a terrified and disgusted look.

I laugh maniacally while I hold the book to my chest and scoot up against the wall, feeling content that I could read again. 

"You little demon child." I giggle even more at the repulsion in Levi's tone as he walks up to stand on the wall I was sitting against. He leans his body on it, arms crossed and a scowl on his mouth. Commander Erwin's deep chuckles echoed in the empty hallway after watching me and Levi's little dispute.

"She got you good Levi." He huffs out another laugh while Levi's lets out a tch. I could already imagine his sour expression on his face as my eyes skimmed over the words to the first page of the book. I definitely had to brag about getting ahold of this book to Armin later.

I had just finished the second chapter of the novel when I heard some muffled noises come from the cell across from me. Oh, I forgot Eren was down here.

I put the book down gently to the side and stood up. I ignore Levi's muttering to not get close as I walk over to the bars of the cell. I peer in and see Eren fidgeting in his sleep. Was he having a nightmare?

My hand goes to the dangling lock on the door, but I reach back when Levi calls out at me.

"What do you think you're doing, kid?" He peers at me, still leaning against the wall.

"Going to help my friend." I have to suppress the urge to say "duh" like it was obvious but I keep it in.

"No way." His face doesn't even hold the slightest bit of emotion as he speaks.

"And why not," I question. "It's not like he'll hurt me." The captain's eyes flicker in understanding. I always ranted about my friends to Levi whenever I had the chance and he would always listen, not like he had a choice though. I told him everything about them: I described their appearances, their likes and dislikes, and their attitudes and fighting styles- literally anything I could recall about them. Levi teased me after a while though when I spent a slightly longer time describing what Eren was like than the others.