✨ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟜✨

Biana POV:

"Gotcha!"

"No fair, I wasn't prepared!"

"Your fault, then."

"Jolie! Tell Ana that she's cheating!"

"I am not!"

Val, Troy, Jolie, and I were playing Base Quest. And of course, 5 minutes in, Val and I were arguing. Our childhood life was always like this, but whenever we argued, we always ended up even closer than before.

"Hey dummies! It's training time!" Ruy shouted from where he was standing, near the training room. 

I knew he was teasing with the "dummies" part, but I still shouted back, "You wanna say hey to a dummy? Go look in the mirror!"

"Never mess with Biana Vacker. Got it." Troy smirked, walking off to Ruy.

"Race ya!" Val called, and I chased after her. 

I accepted Val's request a few weeks ago, and I've been here since then. Being with the Neverseen isn't all that bad. They had pretty decent food, unlike the horror stories of bruised fruits Keefe would always tell me about. The place we were staying wasn't too bad either. Troy told me it was in the Forbidden Cities, someplace in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

"1st!" I called, bursting through the doors.

"Close 2nd!" Val exclaimed. "Come on, Jolie!"

Jolie let out her pretty laugh. "How come the two of you are always competing?"

I shrugged. "I guess we're just competitive."

"Good. You'll be training together today."

Val and I turned around to where Ruy was. He still never took his adler off, making his face impossible to concentrate on.

"Wait what?" Val asked.

"You and Biana will be training your Vanishing skills with Fade, our Vanisher." 

I snickered. Fade? That sounds like a stupid code name that the Black Swan would use.

"What's so funny?" a whispery voice asked beside me. I jumped, and a figure appeared, one wearing a black cloak. Her hood wasn't up though, so I could see that she had bronze skin and light, caramel colored hair. Her eyes were a deep, midnight blue.

"Come with me." she whispered. 

Val and I followed her to another room, one that was filled with light. A perfect place for vanishing. We all filed in and Fade closed the door.

"I will be teaching you a trick called Moving Vanish. As you know, us Vanishers can feel the light on our skin and allow it to pass through our body, making us invisible. But if you embrace the light and think about a specific destination, the light will take you there. It's almost like light leaping, but Moving Vanish can only take you to places within view. Try it now, and think of a place a few feet away, like so."

Fade vanished and reappeared on the other side of the door, opening it.

"Now you try."

I blinked out of sight and tried to feel for the light. I could feel it on my skin, and I usually had to let it go through me. But this time, I welcomed it into me and pictured myself standing outside the door. 

"Yes, yes! Very good for your first try."

I opened my eyes to see that I was, in fact on the outside of the door. Then I heard the faintest little swish and Val appeared beside me.