Chapter Three

In New York
Annalise's pov
"Villa, can I ask you something?" Rosie said, and I looked at him nervously.
"Sure," I said. I wondered what he was going to ask, whether it would be something good or something bad.
"I was wondering, when we get back to Miami, if you want to go on that date we never got round to," he asked, and I started to smile.
"Is that even a question? I'd love to," I said.
Rosie was sat beside the hospital bed that I was laid on, and he was holding my hands in his.
Almost like slow motion, we both leant towards each other, but when our lips were only millimetres apart, there was a knock at the door. We sprung apart quickly, and I cleared my throat.
"Come in," I shouted, and the door opened to reveal Andy stood behind it. I smiled, happy to see her. But I was also slightly confused as to how and why she came all the way from Seattle to New York already.
"Oh my god, Andy! What are you doing here?" I asked, holding my arms open for a hug.
"Lise, did you really think that I wouldn't come straight away when I heard that you'd been shot? Even if you are all the way in New York," she said, hugging me. "Oh and hi Rosie, thanks again for calling me," she said, also hugging him.
"How did you even get off work that quickly?" I asked. Usually Andy has to book leave at least a couple of weeks in advance so that they can get another firefighter to cover for her.
"Robert told me I could just come and that he'd figure everything out back in Seattle, like someone to cover for me and all that," Andy told us.
"Ahh right. So, how are you and Robert then?" I asked, smirking slightly.
"We're great! It's hard to keep our relationship a secret at work, but apart from that Robert and I are doing amazing," Andy said, and I could see her face lighting up just thinking about Robert. It's cute how much they love each other.
"That's awesome! Tell him I said hi," I said and she nodded.
"So, what about you two? Anything interesting going on?" Andy asked and I glanced over at Rosie. We hadn't talked about whether we were going to tell anyone about us and the date we're going on when we get back. Sure, everyone knew the first time around, but things have gotten complicated since then.
"Well we had a few interesting cases before we came to New York, plus Villa has a new captain," Rosie said and I smiled at him gratefully. I kind of wanted to tell Andy about us some other time, when we're not sat in a hospital room.
"What's he like?" She asked.
"He's pretty cool, I like him," Rosie said and I snorted.
"If by cool you mean basically stalking us then yeah, cool. He keeps checking in on cases, and he's obsessed with 'Rosilla' as he puts it," I said, rolling my eyes.
"Hey I said Rosilla first," Rosie said defensively, and Andy and I laughed.
For the rest of the day, the three of us hung out in the hospital room - I know, kinda sad - and caught up about everything. After a while, Andy went to find a hotel to stay at for a night or two, and Rosie and I were alone again.
"Thanks for not saying anything about the date to Andy, I wanted to tell her some place other than the hospital," I said, taking his hands in mine.
"It's no problem. I'm excited, by the way, for our date," Rosie said and I smiled.
"Me too," I said, and I really meant it.