Chapter 2:

Aaron was not listening. After all, he had better things to do than math. Yeah, no. To be completely honest, he didn't listen too any of his classes. They were all dumb. But he still got all A's. Plus why did he have to listen to someone old guy yapping about equations for an hour when Aaron could do freaking magic?!

Aaron had discovered his magical abilities a very long time ago. He hid them from everyone. He wasn't entirely sure why.

"Aaron Helios, what is the answer to problem three?" Mr. whathisname asked, in his monotone voice. Aaron immediately sat up.

"Is it 3 1/4, sir?" Aaron answered with one of his charming smiles, mainly to cover up his brief surprise but also because everyone seemed to like them. Especially the teachers.

"That is correct. Maybe you can learn something from Aaron, Julia. The teacher suggested, which earned Aaron a glare. Aaron simply smirked back at Julia and continued with what he was doing.

...

Aaron was hanging out with his usual group. It was quite boring. They were really all just gossiping about who liked who and who should totally get together and the conversation somehow landed on him.

"Who do you like, Aaron?" Daniel asked. He just wanted gossip about the most popular person in school. Aaron was used to this.

"Are you assuming I like someone?" Aaron asked carefully, giving Daniel a warning glare.

"I- uh- no." Daniel was very nervous now. All the gazes of the rest of the group were on him. And this kind of attention no one liked.

"I didn't think so." Aaron said calmly. Everyone was in awe of the control he had over Daniel. Or to be accurate, over all of them. Aaron began to walk off, the group began to follow, excluding Daniel.

"Stop. I want to walk alone." He said causing everyone to immediately back off.

Aaron walked to the library, said hello to Ms. Lisa the librarian, and made his way towards the Fantasy section.

This library was tall. With tall bookshelves to match, although the highest shelves didn't have any books on them. And due to the gigantic shelves, the corners of the vast room were not very well lit. Making it a perfect place to meet with someone out of his entourage's judgmental eye.

He heard some someone shuffling around and muttering to themself and he turned and followed the noises. There she was, crouched over, whispering nonsense to herself was Aaron's best friend, Amaya.

Amaya was an odd one. She had dark hair with streaks of brown, blonde, and black, forming a huge mane of madness she managed to pull up and stick her pencil through.  She also had golden-yellow eyes and almost never smiled. She always had a focused expression on her face, much like the one she was using right now. And this girl never stopped moving. She was always doing something whether it was tapping her foot or walking around in circles while reading, she just never stopped moving.

Aaron grabbed a book from the top of one of the many stocks on the floor. It had a very cool looking blue dragon on it. He carefully placed it on Amaya's head, mainly to see what would happen. And interestingly enough, the book stayed balanced as Amaya shuffled around these shelves. She didn't even seem to notice it was there.

"Helios." She said calmly, still not looking up from the book she had in hand and not removing the book from atop her head.

"Hey, Amaya. How was your day?" He asked with a smile smirk, he always loved to hear her response to these basic questions.

"Quite awful. I mean, that's what you have to expect from this atrocious school with it's horribly condescending students. Just look at you." She added, finally looking up from her books to give Aaron one of her classic smirks.

"Hey! You know very well I didn't ask for the crowds." He said. He wasn't actually angry but he really just enjoy having a simple conversation with Amaya. Less so about this topic but he would live.

"But it's not like you rejected it either. You seem to just put on a mask and hold up a shield and deal with it." She said a bit absentmindedly. She wasn't even looking at Aaron anymore, she had continued her search once again.

Aaron knew that Amaya hated the popular game he was playing. That was why they met in the Fantasy section in the library around every other day. If Aaron's "group" saw them they would immediately judge, bother them excessively, and assume they were dating. And that was truly the last thing Amaya wanted.

"Anyways, What are you doing right now?" Aaron asked, he didn't really like the fact that been so spot-on with her last statement without even putting much thought into it. But then again she was as good as reading people as she was reading books.

"At this moment in time I'm trying to find at least a mention of your abilities in a book. I already looked in the History section, some good that did me." Amaya stated with an eye-roll. Aaron snickered. Oh yeah, she was the only person who knew about him having powers, magic, a sorcerer's abilities, whatever you wanted to call it.

"Found it!" Amaya practically yelled. They heard a distant shush and laughed. "The encyclopedia of fantastic creatures and abilities." She stated, before running off.

"Hey, where are you going?!" Aaron called.

She ran back over, poked her head around a shelf and said; "Probably To H*ll when I die, but at this moment I'm going to check out this book." She was smiling in a wide, giddy way that seemed very unlike Amaya. But that only meant that something either very good was going to happen or something very bad. Let's just hope it's the former rather than the latter.

Amaya ran off again before turning around and adding; "Can you put those books away for me, Helios?" And without waiting for a reply she said; "Thanks!" Aaron laughed and got to work.
After about five minutes he remembered that Amaya probably still had that book on her head.