Oh hey there Ben!!!

Start from the beginning

"You are at it again?" Was my first words to Ben as I grabbed a tea towel and started to fan the smoke alarm in high hopes it would it stop.

"Just like old times then aye? Welcome back Sis!" he replied with a huge grin.

"You don't think that maybe for just this once come in and wake me up instead of this ear-splitting, headache noise?" I asked loudly over the noise only to shout the last two words to a silent room as the alarm stopped. Well, that was awkward.

"Now why would I do that. I'm just making it feel like home." My 16 year nearly 17 year old brother said scrapping burnt egg onto a plate.

"Well, it worked. I hope you don't expect me to eat that?" I cringed looking at the remnants of what was egg and bacon. I highly doubt our dog Hugo would even touch it.

"I, am hurt Sis that you would see my cooking as dangerous." He faked hurt covering a hand over his heart, very theatrical I might add.

I gave him an eye roll and looked around the kitchen. It was still the same. Stainless steel appliances, dark mahogany benches with white tabletops. Walls painted in a light cream with cracked grey through it. A table island occupied the centre of the kitchen with one side being used as a breakfast bar. Nope, nothing has changed. I took the seat opposite the stove and Ben and watched in disgust as he devoured what HE called was food, what I called it was the first step to liver failure. 

"Oh by the way Mum said room dude is coming in at about 9ish, she has gone to work and so has Dad so you have to babysit me," Ben said with a mouthful of, I suppose you can call it "food".  Ben referred to the "room dude" that was coming to give my bedroom a slight update to accommodate my new tastes.

Looking at him in disgust I nodded my head at what he was saying. Our little word for 'babysit' didn't actually mean babysit it was our way of saying, we have the house to ourselves lets mess things up. 

"I hear what you're saying but I have to head into town and get my UNI supplies. I start next week when the new semester starts." I said.

"Party pooper" he replied with a shrug. "I was gonna hit up the gym anyway. Talking of gym..." Ben started to look over my shoulder.

"Nah I'm not going to hit the gym today." The voice behind me said. "I was actually thinking of trashing this place with a good old party, you know to welcome the heffalump back." with a slight smile, I rolled my eyes and shook my head at suggestion Will made.

Back when I first was in hospital we made up codes for everything. From mothership has landed (Meaning the nurse is back in the ward) to getting pretty bored (meaning let's stir up the nurses). When I was 6 and first in hospital Ben, Will and myself spoke through skype all the time. They even visited every few months, that's when the codes came in. But unfortunately after I was sent back to the hospital at 11 they didn't visit and our skype sessions became rare. I spoke to Ben over the phone every week but with Will, there was little to no contact with him. 

"I'm sure a movie and board game is a great way to throw an epic party" I retorted back accidentally making a pig noise. I quickly covered my mouth in the attempt of hoping they didn't hear. Thankfully they didn't let on if they heard it. I got up and poured myself an orange juice and pulled out my drug kit. One by one I started to get my tablets ready, from blood thickeners to immune boosters. And these immune boosters weren't the type you could get over the counter, they were hospital grade.

I downed the first tablet when I felt body heat next to me. 

"What are they for?" Will asked leaning on the counter next to me looking at the 10 boxes of medication in front of me.