29.| That's Nothing I Had to Remeber

Start from the beginning

"This monster is hunting secrets." Lizzie says once they settled down. "not you, so at least it has some taste, unlike my sister."

Lucas furrowed his brows. "You had a crush on me the month I was here."

Lizzie groaned. "You remember that?"

"Yes. But that's not the point! Tell me what secret you're keeping." Lucas says eagerly.

Lizzie stood silent.

"Is it about Hope?" Lucas asks, trying to get an answer out of the witch. "It's about Hope, isn't it?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Lizzie blurts out nervously.

The Croatoan banged on the door roughly, knocking down the barrier candle and breaking it. The two ran towards the werewolf transitions cellars and hid there.

"Well, at least I had an idea." Lizzie huffs

Lucas hummed. "I just had one, too," he says right before placing his finger on Lizzie's temples.

The witch winced. The Nephilim's body sent out small shock waves when he read minds. And that's what Lizzie was now currently experiencing.

"Hope was the one who jumped into the portal?" Lucas says in shock.

Lizzie scoffed. "That is an invasion of privacy!"

"Well someone had to save your god damn life!"

The Croatoan broke through the door and out of panic Lizzie used a spell to the monster flying into a cell.

"Nice work, but that's not gonna hold it long, so just tell me what else you're hiding about Hope," Lucas begs

Lizzie shook her hand. "I can't."

"Why?!"

"It would break Josie's heart," Lizzie replies

"So this is about, Jo?" Lucas asks, still trying to get a word out of her.

"No, it's about all of us."

"Elizabeth, since when have you kept your mouth shut about anything?" Lucas groans. "Just tell me."

"Fine! It's—"

"Silencio."

Lucas's head snapped towards the voice and his eyes fell on Hope who had both Rafael and Landon by his side.

"So this is about you?" Lucas says with a scoff

The Tribrid shot Lizzie a glare.

"What are you two hiding!" Lucas asks desperately.

Hope shook her head. "There's no time. These bars aren't gonna hold. We have to find some way to stop it."

Lizzie began to muffle out things the group was unable to understand since Hope did the spell. Hope sighed before undoing the spell.

"MG is working on it," Lizzie says breathing out heavily. "Also, Lucas used his weird angelic powers and found out you were the one who jumped into the pit."

"It obviously wasn't the big secret you were keeping if the monster is still after you!" Lucas exclaims

Hope sighed. "Okay. One problem at a time. Raf, and Landon, take Lucas to Dr. Saltzman. Lizzie and I will find a way to keep the Croatoan busy."