The two pass the finish line a third time. Two laps left.

"I'm not quitting yet!" Shulk pulls out the Monado and activates a blue aura that courses through his feet. With his feet feeling lighter, he dashes ahead.

Misaka begins to fall behind once again but tries catching up.

The two pass the finish line. One lap left.

She sees the bright red and blue Monado, and a pain in her head starts to grow. Pain? No, it felt more like a pulsation. Her pace begins to die down, as Shulk rounds the track.

The PA box goes off.

"Oh, no! It looks like the Ace of Tokiwadai has begun to falter, leaving Sharaku to claim victory!"

Shulk passes the finish line but notices Misaka standing still.

"The winner of the endurance track is Kanzaki Sharaku, Ace of..."

Misaka's hearing is drowned out by a scream.

A bright blue light shines in her eyes.

"SHULK!"

Touma stands up, and Misaka reaches out.

The vision cuts to a dark, misty figure.

Shulk is launched back. Splashes of red splat onto the floor.

Her vision cuts to a view of large pools of blood. The Monado, which lays inactive, sits inside one of them.

A figure dashes to the Monado, picking it up.

"STOP! YOU'LL DIE!"

The figure is shocked by the Monado, but charges forward.

Only their battle cry can be heard.

The vision ends abruptly when Shulk grabs Misaka and lightly shakes her.

Misaka's eyes jolt open to see Shulk and Kuroko's faces blocking the sun's bright light. One of her hands moves and feels the ground on her back.

"Mikoto! Are you okay?"

Did...did I collapse?

Kuroko kneels next to Misaka, feeling Misaka's arm with the back of her hand. She then presses Misaka's fingernails. Inspecting the return to color, Kuroko speaks.

"It doesn't look like dehydration. It's not a heat stroke either." Kuroko looks to Shulk. "Shulk, do you know what happened?"

"I'm not sure, but is she fine?"

"Yeah. Nothing important enough to send her to the hospital. Just a few scratches."

"Alright. Go tell the teacher Mikoto's fine. I'll help her up."

"Whatever you say." Kuroko quickly teleports away.

Shulk holds his hand out to Misaka. "Here. Let's get you on your feet."

Misaka grabs Shulk's hand and gets pulled onto her feet.

"Thanks..." Misaka looks at the scratches on her hands. "What happened to me?"

"It looked like you collapsed and passed out. Kuroko and I rushed to your side. We had to tell people to stand back and leave."

"Yikes..."

Misaka looks to the Monado on Shulk's necklace.

Shulk notices Misaka's wandering eyes.

"You saw another vision, didn't you?"

"Wha—How'd you know?!"

"As I said before, I acted the same way you did back when I first used the Monado. Was it the same vision as before?"