Mid-summer Festival

The Kamijou Residence, August 2, mid-morning.

In the Kamijou dorm, the two boys are dressing themselves up for the Tokiwadai Highschool festival. Touma rummages under his bed and grabs a backpack and stuffs necessary things he thought he and Shulk would need. Water bottles, more water bottles, a picnic blanket. Bandages. The usual.

"Okay, Shulk, do you have your..." Touma slowly trails off. His eyes fall on what seems to be a tiny machine. The jumble of metal and rubber has a large rod and some wires that are tangled together. "What is that?"

Shulk tosses the machine to Touma. It starts to fumble out of his hands but he catches it.

"It's an electric conductor. I've known Mikoto for three weeks now, and I know she has a tiny 'impulse' problem when it comes to her powers. This is simply a preventative measure."

"Y'know, that just might be a good idea. But, where does the electricity go?"

The mess of papers on the household kotatsu likely holds the answers. Shulk picks them up and takes quick glances. "I spent last night trying to figure out how Mikoto's electricity works, and how I can disperse it into the air," Shulk explains, showing off the machinery. "This is mostly a prototype, but it should probably work. If anything goes wrong, use your right hand."

"In that case, we'd better get going. Someone's waiting for me there." Touma swings the door open, then turns back to the apartment and yells. "INDEX, WE'RE HEADING OUT! BREAKFAST AND LUNCH ARE IN THE FRIDGE!"

The two walk out of the door, and venture to Tokiwadai's midsummer festival.

Tokiwadai Dormitory's Lobby

People filter in and out of the academy's dorm, packed with students from all over Academy City. The lobby's fancy marble floor is eye-catching and compliments the painted white wall.

"Woah, this place is huge!" Shulk marvels. Students shuffle by him and Touma. "You could probably fit a Gogol in this room!"

"What's a Gogol? Ah, forget it." Touma's eyes scout the room. "Now, where could she be?" He scans and sees a certain girl. She has long black hair and a single white flower in her hair.

Shulk spots the girl as well, and the two watch her approach another girl with a headband full of flowers. Abruptly, Shulk's eyes begin to glow blue as a vision begins.

A vision, here? Does that girl attack the one with the flowers in her hair?

"UiiiihaaRUUUUU!"

Shulk watches as the girl...flips the flower girl's skirt up.

WHAT!?

Shulk's vision ends, and he suddenly feels like this situation is more dangerous than being attacked. Touma notices Shulk's physical recoil.

"Hey, Shulk, what's wro—"

"LOOK OUT!"

Uiharu turns around to look at the whistleblower, but it's too late.

"UiiiihaaRUUUUU!" Instead of facing the opposite direction, Uiharu faces her enemy as her skirt is flipped.

"AHHHHHHH!"

The other girl looks over to Shulk and Touma and waves.

"Hey, Touma!" She then returns to reflecting on Uiharu's panties. Nodding, she speaks. "Stripes are a classic, but polka dots are always better. Mhm, mhm."

As the two duos come together, Shulk and Uiharu continue to sulk.

"I couldn't change the future..." Shulk sobs, both hands and knees on the floor.