Chapter One

In New York City
Rosie's Pov
"Villa! Come on, open the door!" I shouted, but I knew it was no use. She's stubborn when it comes to getting justice, especially when it's for people she cares about, like Eddie, her late husband. In fact, Villa's just stubborn in general, it's one of the many things that draw me to her.
"You can't go in there, they both have guns, someone could get shot," I told the police that had come running up behind me.
Only a few moments after I said that, we heard gun shots firing, and I felt my stomach drop.
"It's too late for that now, we're going in," they said, and I stepped out of the way.
"Villa!" I shouted as I ran in after them. I looked around the room and saw her laying on the floor, bleeding. I felt the fear building up inside of me. I couldn't lose her, I haven't even told her the truth about what I feel towards her. I love her. "Villa," I said again, as I crouched beside her, putting pressure on the gun shot wound on her abdomen.
"Rosie..." she said weakly.
"Hey, I'm here, it's going to be okay," I said, trying to reassure her.
"Someone call 911!" I shouted to anyone else that was listening.
It felt like an eternity before an ambulance arrived. I was holding pressure on the wound the whole time, and Villa was barely conscious.
When they loaded her into the ambulance, I insisted on going with her. There was no way I was letting her be alone, she needed me right now.
We got to the hospital, and I was shown to the waiting room. I stood there, pacing, until I realised that I needed to call everyone and tell them what happened. I called Daisy, Ira, Pippi, Mom, TMI, Michie and even Slade and gave them all a brief version of what happened. Daisy, Ira and Pippi were all going to come to New York as soon as they could, whilst the others stayed in Miami. Now I just had one more call to make.
"Hi," I said when they picked up the phone.
"It's Annalise, she got shot. She's in surgery now, I haven't gotten any more updates on how she's doing. No, we're not in Miami, we're in New York. You don't have to, it's a long way to travel. Yeah I get that. Okay, I'll see you when you get there." I explained, pausing every so often when the other person spoke.
When I hung up, I continued to pace around the waiting room. I've always preferred to stand, but right now I was too worried to even think about sitting down.
"Friends and family of Annalise Villa?" I heard a doctor say, and I went rushing over.
"Uh, yes. I'm her... best friend, how is she?" I asked.
"Okay, so the surgery was pretty touch and go. The bullet caught the edge of her abdominal aorta, but once we removed it and got the bleeding under control, the rest went smoothly. She's in recovery now," the doctor explained.
"Can I see her?" I asked.
"Yeah, um, she was asking for someone called Rosie? Do you know who that is?" The doctor asked, and I smiled.
"Yeah, that's me," I said.
"Okay, I'll take you to her now then," the doctor said, and lead me to the hospital room that Villa's in. "I'll leave you two to it."
I slowly walked in, and saw Villa laying in the bed, wearing a hospital gown.
"Rosie?" She said, and I realised that she was awake.
"Hey, how are you feeling?" I asked, sitting down beside her bed.
"Like I just got shot," she said and we both laughed. "Um... can you... can you lay with me?" She asked, almost nervously. When I didn't answer straight away, she started to apologise. "I'm sorry, you don't have to, I shouldn't of asked, I'm sorry."
"No, don't apologise. Of course I'll lay with you," I said, and she smiled.
"Thank you," she whispered. Being careful not to hurt her, I laid beside her on the hospital bed. I put my arm around her, and she snuggled into my chest, and we stayed like that until the doctors came to check on Villa.