"Don't call me that."

For the next week, Shouto's nights were filled with Momo's voice and laughter. Never in a million years would he have predicted spending so much time with her and actually enjoying it. She wasn't just telling him jokes, though. They had meaningful and serious conversations about virtually anything except themselves. Turns out, they both had barriers that needed to be taken down.

He had never seen her as more than the girl he sat next to and now he felt like they were... friends. Shouto couldn't say this for sure, though, he had never had a friend before so he didn't know where Momo stood on the friendship scale.

Every time she came, it was harder and harder for him not to crack a smile or smirk. He didn't show that Momo was getting through to him but she really was. Without even realizing it, he got used to her calling him Shouto. He still called her Yaoyorozu but letting down his barriers was still progress.

They even started speaking to each other in class which sparked a lot of assumptions from their classmates, especially the girls. Momo was quick to shut them down, though.

It was so crazy to think that they had made so much progress in less then a week.

But, unfortunately, it all went away in less than an hour.

Momo walked into Shouto's room after she had knocked and heard no response. She found him laying flat on his bed staring at the ceiling with a stoned expression. He didn't even acknowledge Momo.

"Are you okay, Sh-"

"Don't call me that."

Momo visibly stiffened at the harshness of Shouto's voice. What's happened? Did I do something wrong? She swallowed and said, "What happened.. Todoroki?" 

Shouto actually felt kind of sad that she used his last name, it didn't sound right coming from her mouth, but he didn't let his disappointment show on his face.

"Please leave," Shouto didn't look at her because he knew he wouldn't be able to say anything remotely harsh to her if he took one glance at in her midnight colored eyes. Since when do you notice peoples' eyes, Shouto?! And why are you telling her to leave when you want her to do the opposite?

"But I-"  

"Please leave, Yaoyorozu." No, don't leave. I didn't mean it, it just came out.

Shouto heard Momo shuffle out of the room without saying another word. He sighed a put his hands over his face and felt his left side heat up with pent up anger.

"You did this, Endeavor, you bastard."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N- Sorry for the short chapter! Thanks for reading!