Eighteen: Gedeon

Mulai dari awal

I pictured Dove alongside me and I hated it.

When I pictured myself, I always stood alone in the things I do.

With Dove by my side, it sparked something in me. The calmness and peace I felt was unnerving and I needed to end whatever the hell was going on in my heart when she was around. I needed to help her physically close to me but remain stoic and cold because Nicolai's question reminded me what I needed to do.

She was an Italian.

And once the dust was settled, I would do the honors of giving her a painless death.

Dove's eyes fall onto the chessboard between Timor and me. Like usual, her eyes sparked with a fond intensity and eagerness for only a few seconds before her eyes landed on me, like she wanted to say something. Though, as fate had it, Aleksei decided to break the moment, coming in without even knocking. "Dove, you got Scrabble?"

My eyes narrowed into slits unconsciously as he gave us all a sheepish smile as he stands near the door. "Sorry, I didn't realize everyone was here. Is there a meeting or some sort around?"

"Nah, I'm out, I have a club to check in on and then get my fix on whoever catches my eye for the night," Lizabeta hopped off the table where she was seated while Nicolai snorted.

"I'm surprised you're not trying to get your fix on Gedeon's dick."

"I'm down, if he is," she winked playfully at me before her eyes landed on Dove who stiffened tensely at her words. Dove's hands immediately shot to Scrabble's head, stroking it while Lizabeta fake gasped. Lizabeta's hands snapped to her mouth, a façade of shock on her face. "Oops, I forgot you existed for a moment."

Everyone in the family knew about Lizabeta; the only one that was bestowed into the family personally by me when I realized she had nowhere to go but was able to put up a fight just on her own. Her loyalty and toughness were her main strength, along with her attitude about what others perceived of her. There was a reason why I liked her as a person while everyone else seemed to hate it.

Yet at the sight of Dove's uneasiness, it pricked at my heart for the first time in my life. The emotion to protect further fueled my anger. Gripping onto the edge of the table to not give the impression to the others I cared about her.

"Lizabeta," Aleksei snapped. "Stop being a bitch."

"Since when did you care who the fuck I offend?" she scoffed, patting Aleksei's shoulder as she sashayed out the door. Stopping in front of it, she smirked and turned her attention back to Aleksei. "Though, I'm not shocked you're defending her, but friendly reminder she's not your property."

Damn right.

Aleksei's whole body strained, his eyes dripping with venom. "I know."

"Just reminding you, don't need to get your panties in a twist," she whistled and pointed at Nicolai who watched the whole exchange quietly, observing. "Nicolai, are you coming with me to the city?"

"Are you giving me an option?" he asked, rolling his eyes.

"No," she deadpanned, checking out her rather long nails. "You know there's always someone out for me and I need a big and strong man like yourself to watch me."

He grumbled a curse under his breath and then nodded towards me and Timor. "I'll see you both later."

Leaving, Aleksei turned his attention back on Dove who still seemed on edge, stroking Scramble's body in a stoic motion. Her eyes were trained onto the rabbit, giving nothing away with her head ducked lowly.

"Let's go, Dove."

"Okay," she nodded as his hands went to her back, leading her out. Not for a moment did I miss the fact that she didn't even flinch at his touch. She always flinched, even the slightest whenever men approached her, and yet here she was.