Chapter 38: No Remorse

Start from the beginning

Wren spoke up, "we can't find Black and Lime, and the Storage doors are locked! We heard noises from inside!"

His eyes widened, and he quickly scooped up the two of them, running towards Storage.

Talon would probably have enjoyed the ride more if it wasn't such a scary situation.

They approached the doors, and after setting them down, Wren's dad knocked on them. "Black? Lime?"

"In- in here!-" a hoarse voice whispered, before coughing.

Wren's dad looked at them. "Stay behind me, okay?"

Wren was shaking with nervousness, so Talon dragged him out of the way, to safety.

After a minute, Wren's dad managed to undo the switches locking the door, and he slowly pushed them open.

He stumbled back in pure shock and fear, shaking. "O- oh my F**KING-"

After remembering that Talon and Wren were there, he quickly pushed them away from the door - presumably to keep them from seeing what was inside.

"Thanks for getting me, kids - but I need you to go find Maroon, okay?"

With a new mission to accomplish, Talon grabbed Wren's hand and ran off to find Maroon.

~~~~~

Pink

Pink forced herself to keep calm, despite her growing fear for her best friend's life, as well as her own.

Gripping the scalpel in her hand, she stared at Silver, trying to find the best course of action.

"You're not an ordinary crewmate?" Silver repeated, laughing. "Trying to be special, are we? Honey, I'm sorry to break it to you, but that is purely delusional thinking - you're not unique. No one is - you'll die just like everyone else. Everyone always thinks they'll be the one to survive, but they always fail. They always die, and you'll be no different."

While keeping her expression neutral, Pink just hoped that she could prove Silver wrong.

Quickly glancing behind her, she saw Purple bandaging her stab wound and working to stop the bleeding. Good, at least that's getting under control.

But if I die, she dies.

Red, Black, the two kids, and all the other innocent crewmates came to mind.

I can't afford to lose this fight. I just can't.

Silver tossed her knife from hand to hand, smiling innocently at Pink.

Stay calm. No fear.

Pink knew that there were materials in the room that she could possibly use to her advantage - even if just to slow Silver down.

Her brain was working at lightning speed, trying to find the best solution and how to execute them.

Her brain was interrupted as Silver dashed towards her.

Pink narrowly dodged the knife slash toward her face, and she barreled downwards, aiming for Silver's feet.

She managed to unbalance Silver, but as Silver went down, she dragged Pink with her, rendering them both grappling for control on the floor.

Silver's knife came dangerously close to Pink's neck, but Pink rolled to the side. Her detective experience seemed to be kicking in - although, the helmets made fighting very strange.

Not that Pink had much of a choice in the matter.

Once Pink got off her, Silver flipped back onto her feet, quick as a cat. Pink also got up, and the two girls glared at each other before clashing again.