ch.28

omniscient •

"can our first witness come up to the stand please?" the judge spoke.

the court room got silent for a minute before a lawyer stood up and spoke "Darius can not come to the stand because he was brutally murdered a week ago"

"oh wow , well can we have Quincy Lee to the stand please" the judge spoke as he put his glasses on.

Q got up and walked to the stand , the lawyer representing the state and the banks started to question him.

"how did you meet your now wife , nique?" the lawyer asked .

"We met at a uhh club and hit it off" Q spoke . "do you remember the exact date ? because we have surveillance cameras showing nique being taken from an bank robbery on february 23rd"

"i don't remember the exact day but it was in march when we met" Q spoke .

"okay. and what about this peice of surveillance right here" the lawyer spoke before pressing play on this large tv everyone could see.

once the video started my eyes widened seeing me and Q during my first robbery. Q was getting chocked by the manager and ordering me to shoot him .

"in this video you can hear a male voice which sounds a lot like yours say 'shoot him' and a female voice saying 'no Q' .. don't you go by the name Q?" the lawyer asked .

i sat back in my seat and shook my head , i didn't know they had this much evidence against us .

"no , i go by my actual name which is Quincy, no one calls me Q" Q lied .

"no further questions your honor" the lawyer spoke .

"okay" the judge sighed "can we get Nique Lee to the stand now"

Q got off and i got up there looking at the jury and everybody, hoping that i remembered what Q's story was so i could repeat it if needed.

"okay" the lawyer spoke .

"in this video of you being taken from an bank robbery, ms.nique do you know who it was exactly that took you?" he asked .

"no they had masks on and they blind folded me" i spoke

"are you sure it wasn't your husband quincy that took you that day?"

"yes i'm sure it was not him"

"we'll how do you know if you were blind folded?"

"because i didn't meet quincy until a few weeks after"

"okay, then you moved away from your home with quincy in your early stages of pregnancy, why?"

"i got into it with my sister and i had just found out i was pregnant so i wanted to get away for a bit" i answered .

"and that's when you met darius who is no longer with us correct?"

"yes"

"is it true that your husband kidnapped your baby, which is why you and darius had to drive back into your hometown?"

"i-uhh-no" i lied .

"really? because we have this recording darius took of the conversation you two had the night you got arrested" he spoke as he pressed play.

fuck .

as the sound played i began to get a emotional, because i allowed myself to catch feelings for someone who was playing me from the start.

"mrs.lee are you okay?" the judge asked . i shook my head no as i wiped my eyes . "okay, next witness please .. can i have asia"

i got off the stand and sat back down .

if this goes south , i might be taken away from my son which is the worst thing about this all.

"ms.asia , can you tell me about when you met quincy?"

"yes , me and my boyfriend were homeless living in motels , and mekhi met him first, he told us he had a way for us to make money fast" she spoke .

i quickly looked up as asia told her story, with her head down.

"is it true quincy manipulated the two of you into doing crimes such as bank robberies and other felony crimes"

"i do not want to admit to doing any of those crimes , but quincy did use and manipulate us because of our situation to come work for him" she answered.

"during your time working for quincy did you witness him doing any felony crimes? such as murder, bank robberies or selling drugs?"

"yes i have" asia spoke . "i did not want to continue working for him but i was scared of what he would do to me , my husband or the child i am carrying" asia spoke .

"SHE FUCKING LYING" i yelled standing up .

never in a million years did i expect asia to go out like this , out of everybody i trusted her and i know Q did too.

"we are going to have a short recess to let everyone calm down, come back in 10" the judge spoke .

i saw asia get off the stand and head towards the bathroom , i got up and while i was walking to Q two officers started to cuff him up .

"what are you guys doing to him?" i asked .

"after the allegations made against quincy he is now a flight risk so we can't let him go" the officer spoke .

"what ? what does that even mean"

"it means they're scared ima run off, i'll be good don't worry" Q spoke .

i nodded and quickly left the court room, as i walked into the woman's bathroom asia was just now leaving the stall.

"asia what the fuck? what happened to our original story?" i asked her .

"i made a deal with their lawyer, if we get q sentenced we get to walk out free"

"i know mekhi didn't agree to that shit" i spoke shaking my head .

how could Q's two bestfriends turn on him.

"nique you see all that evidence they have , and it's way more , it was either all of us or just Q and he really only wanted Q so we took the deal"

"i can't believe you" i shook my head .

"i'm doing it for my kid, i can't raise a kid from jail"

"WELL WHAT ABOUT HIS KID?" i yelled . "you are so fucking selfish, you know q could have got us out of this shit , but you decided the easy way out. you disgust me" i spoke shaking my head .

"you were going to leave him and not even tell him about y'all child so what do you care? now he'll be out your life for good"

"i was mad at him at the time and regardless if i didn't want him in our life i definitely didn't want him in jail" i spoke .

i left the bathroom and walked back to the court room laying my head on the table .

this obviously wasn't going to end well for Q .

—————————-

did you expect Mekhi and Asia to fold ?

is Q fucked or will he get himself out of this one ?

the next chapter is the last chapter!

comment 💕