Week 8

It was more than a few days before Dean and Sam came. I had enough time to deep-clean Bobby's house, go shopping for new jeans (since mine were starting to get tight) and go shopping for all the lactose-free and organic foods my already-sensitive stomach needed.

The first time I met Sam, I had enough time to smile before I ran to the bathroom and lost my lunch. Large, gentle hands pulled back my hair and rubbed my back. I glanced over my shoulder once I finished. "I'm Sam," he said.

"Thanks," I said, wiping off my mouth. "Evie."

"Nice to meet you," he said, standing up. He held his hand out to me and helped me up. "Boy or girl?"

"I don't know yet," I said, rubbing my still flat stomach.

He nodded. "Okay," he said. "Well, I think the plan is to eat dinner and then hit the road. I think Dean's gonna drive with you."

"Okay," I said, nodding. "Let's meet this Dean."

As we walked back into the kitchen, I noticed just how tall and muscular Sam was. He was actually pretty hot.

Dean was shorter and looked gruffer. "So you're the Virgin Mary?" he said as a greeting.

"Evie," I said, extending my hand.

He nodded, shaking it. "Dean."

-

We ate dinner and then I said goodbye to Bobby and got in my car in the passenger seat. Dean was driving, and I turned on the CD I had.

"What is that?" he asked, repulsed, when I started playing Tchaikovsky.

"Classical?" I said. "It's good. You'll learn to love it."

"No way in hell. Get the AC/DC outta my bag."

"No way in hell," I mocked, crossing my arms as we pulled onto the highway.

"Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts her cake hole," he said.

I rolled my eyes, throwing my bare feet onto the dash. "Pregnant lady picks the music, man shuts his cake hole."

He glanced sideways at me. "You win this time."

-

"Hey. Hey, sleeping beauty."

I sat up. The inside of the car was dark, and outside the car was dark as well. "Home sweet home," Dean said, and I pushed my hair off my face. He got out and grabbed my bag, and I followed him into the bunker.

I fell asleep as soon as he showed me to my room.

-

"Morning," Sam said when I went into the kitchen the following day. "How'd you sleep?"

"Like a rock," I said. "Or a baby." I smiled a little and got a cup of coffee, sitting beside him.

"I'm glad," he said, returning the tiny smile. "We're gonna head into town today to get some groceries, do you want to come? You could get some decorations for your room- new sheets, a blanket, pillows?"

I nodded. "Sure," I said, sipping my coffee. It was grainy and disgusting. "And a Keurig," I said with a small laugh.

-

There was a bathroom attached to my bedroom, so I showered and then got ready in there. I decided to leave my shoulder-length blonde hair down, but put a hair tie on my wrist just in case.

It was relatively warm out, summer just beginning, so I put on a sundress and sandals.

"Ready?" Sam asked when I walked into the kitchen, my purse over my shoulder.

"Yup," I said with a small smile. "Where's Dean?"

"He went out to get the car," he said, leading me out of the bunker.

"You know," I said as we went up the stairs from the door. "Those'll be hard to navigate when I'm about to pop."

"We'll figure it out," he promised, opening the door to the car and letting me sit in the passenger seat.

When we got to Kroger, I led them around, getting the necessities and all the foods I liked. When that was done, Dean went to pay while Sam and I looked at sheets and things.

"What color do you want?" he asked, looking through the ones at the top, where the Queen size sheets where. "We've got white, white, cream, white-cream, polka dots, blue, blue polka dots, red, pink, and orange."

"Blue, please," I said, and he got them down. "Now onto comforters."

-

We ended up shopping for long enough that Dean came and found us, worried. In the end, we got the sheets, a heated blanket, a comforter with the ocean on it, two pillow cases and memory foam pillows, and a pregnancy pillow just because Dean said he wanted me to have one. He purchased it all, which was very sweet of him. Despite his appearances, he was very kind to me.

We ate lunch at a small diner they liked, and then went home. Dean sat at the computer to look for cases, and Sam helped me put everything on my bed.

We had trouble with the fitted sheet.

For some reason, it seemed to be slightly too small. We were both laughing and basically laying on it by the time we finally got it on. We tucked the heat blanket under the sheets and plugged it in, then put the sheets and comforter on. We got the pillows in the cases, and then put those on too.

"Looks great," I said with a smile at Sam. "Thanks."

"No problem," he said, smiling and squeezing my arm gently. "Wanna watch a movie? I've got a great documentary on poets."

"Can we watch it later?" I asked with a small, apologetic smile. "I really need a nap. Wake me up when you want me to cook dinner."

"You don't have to," he said. "We can cook."

"Gotta pull my weight around here somehow," I said, earning a little smile from him.

"If you insist," he said.

He walked out and closed the door. I put on pajama shorts and a baggy tank top and laid down, turning up the heat blanket.

-

"Hey. Evie. Evvviiiieee."

I opened my eyes. Dean was crouched beside the bed. "Hey, sleeping beauty," he said with a small smile. "Getting hungry? I made dinner."

I rubbed my eyes. "I said I'd do that," I yawned.

"It's okay," he said. "Come on. Let's go eat."