13

Jungkook stirred in his sleep once more, something he hadn't done in a while. No one had heard anything from Namjoon or Jin. He was worried for them, it was partially his fault for wanting them together in the first place. Now he wondered if they'd be able to even keep a friendship after this.

He heard Taehyung thrash around from across the room. Jungkook rubbed his eyes as he looked at the older's outline through the darkness of the room. "Taehyung?" He called out, getting no response. He must be having a nightmare again. 

Jungkook got up and shuffled across the room. Poking Taehyung a few times, the only response he got was that Taehyung scrunched his face a few times. Jungkook sighed, he knew the older was a heavy sleeper, why did he think it would work.

Taehyung muttered in his sleep as he rolled over again. Jungkook reached a hand out as he touched Taehyung's arm. His brain too tired to notice that he didn't mind the touch. 

"Taehyung... Taehyung wake up..." Jungkook muttered shaking him lightly. He rubbed his eyes again as he yawned. He wanted to sleep peacefully too. Yet, he couldn't until Taehyung was also sleeping peacefully.

Jungkook ran his hand up and down Taehyung's arm. His skin felt warm to the touch. Jungkook yawned as his head nodded forward. He could go back to his side of the room and fall asleep but in his sleep-deprived illogical state, Taehyung's bed looked... Inviting.

Jungkook tugged at the blanket and nudged at Taehyung a few times. The older grumbled and scooted against the wall. Jungkook blinked a few times wondering if he was really going to do what his brain was telling him to do.

And the answer was yes as he crawled into bed with Taehyung. Instantly getting a bear hug from Taehyung as he threw his arms and legs around Jungkook. Jungkook grumbled as he moved Taehyung's limbs around until he was comfortably snuggled on top of his chest.

Jungkook wondered if he'd be comfortable if it was someone other than Taehyung. But the older's chest was warm and comfy. He felt more comfortable with Taehyung ever since they shared each other's stories. 

Taehyung shifted and Jungkook grumbled in response. "It's okay... I'm here." He mumbled.

"Cookie?" Taehyung asked quietly.

Jungkook lifted his head and looked at Taehyung, still asleep. "Cookie?"

"It's ooo!" Taehyung cooed.

"Me?" Jungkook asked.

Taehyung didn't respond for a while but instead patted Jungkook's head. "Nice Kookie... Does Kookie like cookies?" 

Jungkook chuckled tiredly. "Go to sleep... Wait... You are asleep... Uh... Relax?" 

"Answer da quesston..." Taehyung slurred. 

"Yeah, I like cookies," Jungkook mumbled as he yawned again. Taehyung seemed to calm down after that. "I'm sorry you keep having nightmares."

Taehyung mumbled a little as he petted Jungkook's hair again.

"I feel bad hearing you struggle at night you know..." Jungkook said adjusting his head so he could hear Taehyung's steady breathing. "I hope your nightmares get better."

Taehyung didn't respond this time, leaving Jungkook with his thoughts. It still felt weird to be cuddling Taehyung in the middle of the night. But not weird in the way he originally thought. He thought it would be weird from his end considering he hated physical contact. But instead, it was weird that he was cuddling Taehyung when the two had only recently established their friendship.

Jungkook decided to not focus on that thought, instead listening to Taehyung's soft breathing and heartbeat. His head rose and fell with Taehyung's chest. His breathing unconsciously matching the older's as he let himself relax more.

He could hear the quiet rhythmic thump of Taehyung's heartbeat. It was strangely soothing, and he liked listening to it. How he could listen to Taehyung... living, in a way. The heart was pretty fascinating if you thought about it more.

Jungkook had heard somewhere that you could actually die of a broken heart. How the tiny strings in your heart, chordae tendineae, would cause arrhythmias when under severe emotional distress. And the Japanese called the condition takotsubo, which meant octopus trap.

He wondered if you could hear a broken heart. You could hear abnormalities like arrhythmias, so surely you could hear a broken heart as well. Jungkook wondered if it sounded sad. Like how if you could hear someone's heart stop beating if someone's heart struggling to function would be sad.

With thoughts of Taehyung's heart in his mind (literally) Jungkook drifted off to sleep. Having a peaceful night sleep for the rest of the night.

(Unnecessary information but I didn't get lectured by my Dad about how someone could actually die of a broken heart for over an hour to not share the information with the rest of the world.) 

When Jungkook woke up it was a different story though.

"AH!" Taehyung yelled shoving Jungkook off the bed.

Oh, look how the tables have turned. 

"Ow..." Jungkook mumbled rubbing his head. 

"Shit..." Taehyung cursed as he helped Jungkook up. "I'm sorry. I didn't realize it was you."

Jungkook blinked a few times to bring his vision into focus. "It's fine... I was the one in your bed." 

"Yeah but that doesn't mean I can-" Taehyung paused. "Wait why were you in my bed?" He asked.

"You were having nightmares. I went to comfort you. And... I don't know it was warm." Jungkook shrugged. 

Taehyung flashed him an astonished look. "But... You were cuddling me? And sleeping with me and everything? No one has done that besides Jimin... And... Its... You?" 

"And that's a big deal?" Jungkook questioned.

"FOR YOU!" Taehyung yelled making Jungkook flinch at the noise. "ITS HUGE! LIKE HOW'D YOU GO FROM A HIGH FIVE TO CUDDLING OVERNIGHT? LITERALLY OVERNIGHT?" 

Jungkook shrugged again. "I don't know... I just felt comfortable with it... Maybe because I was tired?" He asked and raised an eyebrow as Taehyung sent him a beaming smile. "What?"

"I'm just really glad you actually cuddled with me." Taehyung chirped.

"I mean... You were having nightmares... I wanted to comfort you." Jungkook said scratching the back of his head. "Come on we have class." He shuffled over to grab some clothes for the day. 

Taehyung couldn't help but smile through his whole morning routine. "So is this like a daily thing now?"

"Uhm..." Jungkook looked at the ground as he fiddled with his hands.

"Because I need a cuddle buddy so I won't have nightmares." Taehyung hummed.

"Uh-" Jungkook repeated and Taehyung simply laughed.

"You know I'm joking. I'm fine with it being a one-time thing."

Jungkook smiled but wondered to himself. Would it be a one-time thing?

☽✧ ✦ ✧☾

I just realized there are less than ten chapters left in this book... And that it was also supposed to be completed a month ago but here we are- oops...