Broach

With so much going around the world and everybody having their opinions served down like a fast food dish, does your opinion matter anyway? Have you ever thought what would have happened if you had not spoken out your thoughts? Or if you had spoken them out after all? What does it mean when you say that you are taking sides or what does it mean when you say that you're being quite neutral. Do you often form your opinions out of peer pressure? Why having an opinion out of peer pressure has become the thing of this digital society? Why do people always have to display hegemonic and counter-hegemonic values, beliefs and views?

Everything around us affects us in one way or the other. We might not feel like being too opinionated on matters of the world but being opinionated on matters that affect us. While there are many among us who feel the need to have an opinion about everything that's going around them but sometimes not feeling the need to take sides is also okay. It does not mean that you don't care about other matters or you are just too selfish it just means that you are being rational.

In a world where so much is being said every single minute there are not many who actually try to listen. You can be the person who makes informed decisions and speaks up only when necessary. In today's times, sometimes being a good listener also takes a lot of courage.

If you are surrounded by people who have differentiated viewpoints and decisions then that can make you feel overwhelmed but one should always take informed decisions. Also, not having your viewpoint served down to people does not make you look like a fool. It's completely fine to be impassive sometimes. You might wanna take your own time and then build your opinion.
An opinion is something which is independent in nature, it should be germane it does not necessarily have to be grandiloquent. It shouldn't be influenced by what others think or say. You can be eccentric about it but what matters is that it would totally be what you think and how you feel. 

People should definitely normalize 'not having an opinion', it is not an insipid action. All of us should respect each other's choices, decisions and opinions. Period.