Chapter 15: Surprise! It's Parents Day~!

Start from the beginning

"And she doesn't remember anything!" Ash was extremely worried. "I just... it feels weird knowing these events happened already, but it's all new to mum..."

"Then why not just let her remem-?"

"NO!" He snapped back before I could finish the sentence. "I've never dragged her into my Chosen One messes before and I'm not gonna start now!"

My face expressed a frown, before going back to a caring and understanding one. "I understand. If you don't want her remembering, then she won't remember. I mean, we both have to agree for it to happen."

I could see a smile appear back on his face. I then looked at the clock and it wasn't that long before we had to leave for school. Was I really that tired?

"I think you should stay home today, Yuki." Ash commented, almost as if he was reading my thoughts. Before I could protest, he continued with his thought. "You should be well rested for Parents Day. I know your parents aren't here, which means you're gonna feel stressed and possibly jealous, right?"

He hit the mark, 100%. I'm actually kinda jealous... despite being 24 in a 10-year-olds body, I kinda want that experience. I mean, it wasn't until I turned 24 that me and my family began getting along. I'll, for sure, feel stressed because of why I feel the jealousy...

"I have an idea." Kukui chimed in, handing me some money. "Why not make dinner tonight? His mom will be here tonight. Of course, she'll be sleeping in a hotel, but I thought that maybe we should have a meal together."

"That's a great idea, Professor!" Ash's eyes beamed with excitement. "You're cooking is unlike anything I've had before. I'm sure mum would enjoy one of your special dishes!"

I just nod, not sure how to verbally respond. I've only made food a couple times for them. Is my cooking really all that different?

Everyone left the house, besides Greninja and I of course. I looked at my friend, realizing something. "How are we going to hide the fact that Ash can now understand Pokemon word-for-word?"

The ninja frog put his webbed hand to his face, completely understanding my worry. 'I don't know, Yuki. I don't know.'

_____

It was 1PM Alolan Time, meaning there were two more hours until school ended. I finished buying everything needed for the meal I was planning to make. I decided to make one of my favorite dishes: Lobster and Crab. Of course, this world doesn't actually have true lobsters and crabs... I wonder if I've been eating Pokemon this whole time...

I also bought the items to make coleslaw, salad, and some Snowball Cookies. What are those, you ask? In short: It's basically a chocolate chip cookie covered in powered sugar. I was kinda craving the cookies my grandma who should still be alive made all the time. Also, if there's one home-baked treat I perfected, it was the home-baked cookie.