𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥

Start from the beginning

Still, as she stumbled towards the cabin, her entire body beginning to fail her, she seemed to instantly be revived upon seeing Techno burst through the door.

Time seemed to stop as they gazed upon one another, and, looking up at her best friend, seeing him safe and alive, Reverie realised that it was all worth it. Venturing through the Nether, fighting three combatants at once, and making the torturous journey home through the unilluminated tunnel and the frosted woods—it was all worth it.

"Hey Reverie," Techno breathed.

Without any warning, Reverie burst into tears. She found the strength to release her grip on her sword, letting it fall pathetically into the snow. Tearing up the cabin's steps, Reverie threw her arms around Techno with such force that he was almost knocked right off his feet. Still, however, he hugged her back with matching enthusiasm.

"Oh my God, I though I'd lost you, I—" Reverie choked out through her tears.

"You thought you lost me?" Techno echoed. "I thought I lost you."

Bezzie bound through the snow, barking excitedly and running up and down the steps that led to the cabin door at lightspeed.

While Reverie pulled back, Techno kept his arms firmly wrapped around her as she grabbed his jaw, tilting his head aside and examining the frightful bruise that coiled it's way around his neck. This only made Reverie cry harder and she took Techno's face in her hands, possibly much more aggressively than intended, but she was feeling rather emotional.

"Never again," she vowed, breathless from her sobs. "We're never going anywhere without the other again."

Reverie gently traced the tips of her fingers across Techno's bruise and, while he winced in pain, he did not flinch away, and Reverie couldn't help it when a feeling of consoling warmth washed down upon her. Technoblade truly did trust her.

"If you two are going to kiss, at least let me close my eyes first."

Reverie and Techno looked around to see Tommy, leaning against the doorframe with folded arms, a jubilant smile painted on his face.

"I'm glad you're okay, Rev," he said hesitantly, though Reverie could still detect the sincerity that was laced through his voice. She knew he must have swallowed a lot of his pride to utter those words, as Tommy had always had humorous disliking towards Reverie from the very moment he met her.

A warm smile played at Reverie's lips and she turned back to Technoblade.

"Techno, I—I'm so sorry," she whispered, more unsuspecting tears welling inside her eyes. "I never thought Tubbo would—"

"You don't need to apologise for your family's actions," Techno assured her firmly but kindly.

Tommy said that he was going to go make sure Carl was comfortable, but Reverie knew that he just wanted to give her and Technoblade some time alone to talk, which she was grateful for. Techno sparked a fire in the hearth and Reverie warmed her frozen hands.

"So, what's the plan now?" Techno asked.

Reverie furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean?"

Techno got to his feet, his rippling cloak blowing a blast of cool air against Reverie's face. He began to pace the room and Reverie noticed that his hands were balled into fists. It was perfectly understandable that he was angry—Reverie herself was filled with a boiling rage unlike any she had ever felt, and it was not even her who had almost been executed. She managed to keep her anger at bay, however, because she knew that Techno required some comfort.