𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐭 𝐚𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

To not only the surprise of Reverie, but to the surprise of the other citizens of L'Manberg as well, George showed up for the inauguration. Up on the podium, the potential presidents stood alongside their running mates—Quackity with George, Fundy with Niki, Schlatt alone behind the others, and Wilbur, who was speaking down the microphone with Tommy at his side.

"My fellow L'Manbergians, thank you for coming here today to watch a historic moment—the passing over of the presidency for the first election of L'Manberg," Wilbur said.

Cheers erupted from the stands, particularly from Tubbo, who clapped loudly. Reverie leaned back in her seat, anxiously chewing her nails. Although she tried to keep her attention firmly centred on Wilbur, she could not help it when, every few seconds, her eyes drifted towards her father.

Schlatt's gaze was fixed firmly on the floor beneath his feet. He did not look up once, nor did he show any signs of nervousness or even curiosity, which made Reverie uneasy. Though she had not seen her father in many years and didn't know much information about what kind of person he was now (aside from a deadbeat dad), something in the hardness of his countenance made Reverie feel uneasy.

No one from Dream's kingdom had turned up to watch the L'Manberg Election unfold, which did not shock Reverie in the slightest so she paid no mind to it. Little did she know, however, was that Dream himself was there, perched on one of the high outer walls of L'Manberg, watching the scene before him with furrowed brows.

He respected L'Manberg's policy of no armour, but he did have a bow and quiver of arrows strapped to his back as a safety precaution. Something about Schlatt made him uncomfortable. Maybe it was the way he behaved, or perhaps it was the mysteriousness of him abandoning his children, or it may have simply been his words. The last words that Schlatt bellowed the previous evening as Wilbur led him from the stage had been playing on repeat in Dream's mind all night. Because of this, he had not caught a wink of sleep.

"I'll run my own presidency! You haven't seen the end of me!"

To many others, these words might have seemed like a ridiculous claim, drunkenly spoken by an intoxicated man who was not in his right state of mind. But Dream knew better. Schlatt had not made a threat, he had made a promise.

"I have with me the election results of the four parties," Wilbur continued. "I have with me, in my possession, the winners and by what percentage."

Even from such a distance, Reverie could see that Tommy was nervous. He shifted uneasily on his feet and repeatedly wiped sweat from his brow and, try as he might to continuously grin down at the people in the stands, more than once he cast apprehensive glances at Wilbur.

Tommy's actions were mirrored by Tubbo, who was seated next to Reverie. She placed a hand on his shoulder as an attempt to calm him down.

"Relax, it's gonna be fine," she assured her brother in a soft whisper. "Will's got this."

Gulping harshly, Tubbo nodded, but Reverie could tell by the churning anxiety in his eyes that he was still unconvinced; and she too had to admit that she also had her doubts.

Everyone sat forward, anticipation written all over their faces, as Wilbur began to read out the results of the election for all to hear. Reverie swallowed nervously and fumbled with her fingers as she listened.

"With nine percent of the vote, in fourth place, is Fundy and Niki," Wilbur announced.

There was a polite clap of moderate volume, meanwhile Fundy cheered loudly, punching the air, and Niki beamed, "Thank you everybody for your support!"

Reverie raised her eyebrows. "At least they're good sports," she muttered.

"With sixteen percent of the vote, coming in third place, is Schlatt."