Not Alone

————————————————————————
Rose Tyler
———————————————————————

The doctor had started to perform CPR with no success. He grunted in frustration as the seconds slipped hopelessly by. Reaching into the compartment next to him, he pulled out a stethoscope.

Putting the end to her chest, he listened. His brow quirked, but quickly, his face went pale.

"Is she dead?" Rose said, not daring to raise her voice louder than a whisper.

His face remained stony as he began CPR again

"Not yet," he said, his voice straining with the exertion

Rose watched as he finished his 30 chest compressions. Then he laid his hands on her chest over her heart, and with a machine under his palms, he delivered an electric shock.

The girl sat up in shock, still clutching at her heart—well, not her heart. She was pawing at her right side. Gasping, she looked at the rose, startled, before turning her gaze to the Doctor.

"Please," the girl managed to get out between her gasping breaths

That expression returned to his face as he pressed the machine to her right side. He let out a charge, and she screamed as her muscles tensed from the electricity.

Though still shallow, her breathing began to steady. Getting the courage to move closer, Rose reached out a hand, helping the girl at her feet. The girl straightened and opened her mouth as if to say something when a sudden burst of light exploded from her body. This energy threw her up into the air, and with a hard smack that made Rose flinch, she hit the ceiling.

"Is she regenerating?" Rose called to the doctor

"No." He said softly, moving closer to her

"What's happening to her?" I asked

It took him a long time to respond.

"She has a parasite, It's eating her energy." He said after some time. The concern on his face was making Rose nervous.

The girl crashed to the floor without notice, and the light dissipated. The doctor walked to her and gingerly picked her up in one swift motion. In his arms, she almost looked peacefully asleep. He made his way out of the council room, and I followed him into the corridor.

"Where are we going?" Rose asked, unfamiliar with the twists and turns he was making

"My room," he said, glancing down at the girl in his arms. He sighed deeply.

When he stopped at a door, it was so sudden that Rose almost crashed into him. In front of him was a large arching metal door. The walls around us were filled with circling doodles. He reached out to the door, and it opened at his touch, sliding upward. The TARDIS let out a purr. If Rose didn't know better, she would have sworn it felt like the TARDIS was welcoming an old friend.

After placing the girl down on a large, perfectly made bed, The Doctor took a few steps back. His body tensed as Rose approached him.

"Who is she?" Rose asked him

"She's a good friend of mine." He responded softly

"Oh!" Rose exclaimed, relief rushing through her now that things were making sense. "Jeeze, Doctor, You looked like you'd seen a ghost. I thought you were gonna tell me she was the destroyer of the universe or something." She chuckled nervously

He turned to Rose as if he hadn't realized she was standing there. He couldn't help but frown at her words. After all, he was seeing a Ghost.

"What are we going to do?" Rose asked him, trying to fill the silence.

"What I do best," he said, his familiar smile finally returning to his face.

"And what is that?" Rose asked with a smirk

"Save the world," he said, running out of the room

A/N: 
Sorry for such a short chapter. I didn't have too much time to write during these last two weeks.