Educational Decree Number Twenty-four

Rosabella's Point of View:

Lucas was not happy when we told him about Umbridge. He asked us if any of us had reported it, to which we all said no. Our excuses being we didn't know how much power the other teachers had over her and that Dumbledore was busy enough. Lucas promised us he wouldn't let it go and he'd get to bottom of it, even if he had to go the Minister of Magic himself. We moved onto a happy subject, Fiona and the baby. Before long we had to return to the castle.

Harry seemed a lot happier for the rest of the weekend than he had done all term. He and Ron spent much of Sunday catching up with all their homework again. Hermione and I, was up to date with all our work.

It was now Monday and I kissed a sleeping Harry's forehead as I snuck out of the boys dormitory and into my own. I got another half an hours sleep intill I got up with everyone else in the dormitory and got ready for lessons. Winter watched us from my bed and she jumped off when Hermione and I grabbed our bags and headed towards the door. Pavarti and Lavender had left about a minute before us. There was suddenly a loud, wailing, klaxonlike sound. The sound that usually happened when a boy tried to get up the stairs to the girls dormitory.

    "Hermione and Ro are allowed in our dormitory, how come we’re not allowed — ?” Ron said, confused.

     “Well, it’s an old-fashioned rule.” Hermione said, when we arrived at the bottom of the stair case.

Winter walked by my side as always.

     “It says in Hogwarts, A History that the founders thought boys were less trustworthy than girls. Anyway, why were you trying to get in there?” I said.

    “To see you two— look at this!” Ron said, dragging us over to the notice board.

A large sign had been affixed to the Gryffindor notice board, so large that it covered everything else on there — the lists of second-hand spellbooks for sale, the regular reminders of school rules from Argus Filch, the Quidditch team training schedule, the offers to barter certain Chocolate Frog cards for others, the Weasleys’ new advertisement for testers, the dates of the Hogsmeade weekends, and the lost and found notices. The new sign was printed in large black letters and there was a highly official-looking seal at the bottom beside a neat and curly signature.

               — BY ORDER OF —
THE HIGH INQUISITOR OF HOGWARTS

All Student Organizations, Societies, Teams, Groups, and Clubs are henceforth disbanded.
An Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students.
Permission to reform may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge).
No Student Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor.
Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.
The above is in accordance withEducational Decree Number Twenty - four.
Signed:
Dolores Jane Umbridge
HIGH INQUISITOR

Hermione and I exchange glances. Her expression became stony, as did mine.

Rosabella 3, Umbridge 2.

    “Someone must have blabbed to her!” Ron said angrily.

     “They can’t have done.” Hermione said in a low voice.

    “You’re so naive, you think just because you’re all honorable and trustworthy —” Ron said.

     “No, they can’t have done because Hermione and I put a jinx on that piece of parchment we all signed.” I said grimly.