In The Hog's Head

Rosabella's Point of View:
Hermione made no mention of Harry giving Defense Against the Dark Arts lessons for two whole weeks after her original suggestion. I was very busy during those two weeks.

I had changed the colour of Malfoy's robes to red and no one could reverse the spell for three days.

I had hung Goyle and Crabbe in the air by their ankles with the Levicorpus spell and they would only be able to get down when someone said the the counter spell Liberacorpus. They were up there for several hours intill a teacher finally came across them.

I also used a switching spell on Parkinson so her left foot would act like her right foot, she kept falling over and knocking into everything.

It was a very successful two weeks.

My detentions with Umbridge were finally over. Ron had had four more Quidditch practices and had not been shouted at during the last two. Hermione and I had progressed to vanishing kittens in Transfiguration. Before the subject of Harry teaching Defence Against the Dark Arts was broached again, on a wild, blustery evening at the end of September, when the four of us were sitting in the library, looking up potion ingredients for Snape's essay.

   "I was wondering, whether you'd thought any more about Defense Against the Dark Arts, Harry." Hermione said, suddenly.

I glanced at Harry hesitantly.

" 'Course I have. Can't forget it, can we, with that hag teaching us –" Harry said grumpily.

"I think she meant the idea she had about you teaching us." I said softly to Harry.

Harry, as usual,had his arm around my shoulders, my fingers intertwined with his. Harry did not answer at once.

"Well, yeah, I - I've thought about it a bit." Harry said, slowly.

"And?" said Hermione eagerly.

"I dunno." Harry said.

He looked up at Ron.

"I thought it was a good idea from the start." Ron said, enthusiastically.

Harry shifted uncomfortably in his chair and then turned his head to look down at me.

"I think it's a great idea. You don't give yourself enough credit Harry. You've done incredible things, just like Dad said. Remember?" I said, excitedly.

Harry concentrated, trying to remember. I rolled my eyes and laughed softly.

"Dad said himself, you've done just as much as some order member, and you have even done more then some order members." I said, beaming at him.

"You all did listen to what I said about a load of it being luck, didn't you?" Harry said, defeatedly.

"Yes, Harry." Hermione said, gently.

"But all the same, there's no point pretending that you're not good at Defense Against the Dark Arts, because you are." I insisted.

"You, and Ro, were the only ones last year who could throw off the Imperius Curse completely." Ron said, eagerly.

"You can produce a Patronus!" I practically shouted.

"You can do all sorts of stuff that full-grown wizards can't, Viktor always said -" Hermione said, enthusiastically.

Ron looked around at her so fast he appeared to crick his neck by the way he was rubbing it.

"Yeah? What did Vicky say?" Ron said, in an odd voice.

"He said Harry knew how to do stuff even he didn't, and he was in the final year at Durmstrang." Hermione said in a bored voice.

Ron was looking at Hermione suspiciously.

"You're not still in contact with him, are you?" Ron asked.

"So what if I am? I can have a pen pal if I -" Hermione said coolly, though her face was a little pink.

     "He didn't only want to be your pen pal." said Ron accusingly.

Hermione shook her head exasperatedly and, ignoring Ron, who was continued to watch her.