three: the picnic

AN: the chart above is what I am going by for the eye colors Adelaide has. I'll always say what the shade means, but that's just what I'm using :) -M

I did my best to ignore Bill and Charlie so Fred and George wouldn't find out. I hung out with Fred and George the past couple of days, but today was just going to be Fred and I. Ginny wanted George to come with her to Diagon Alley to do some summer shopping. I didn't know why she wanted him to go with her over me, but I tried to not think about it.

"Hi love," Fred said while walking up behind me.

"Hi Freddie," I responded.

"What do you want to do today?"

"Not sure. What are you thinking we do?" I could tell Fred had something in mind because he had his stupid smirk plastered onto his face.

"I have an idea, but it's a surprise."

I shook my head at his goofiness. "Well go on then. Bring me to where you want to go."

"Brilliant. Put this on," he said while pulling a blindfold out of his back pocket. My eyes widened when he pulled it out. He laughed.

"What about the stairs? Can I put it on when we get to the bottom of them?"

"Of course," he said with a wide grin.

We got to the bottom of the stairs and I just stood there for a moment contemplating whether I should put it on or not. I looked at Fred and it was like he was forcing me to put it on with his eyes. I huffed and gave in.

As I finished tying it around my head, Bill came up behind me. "Now that's something I can get used to seeing."

I could hear someone hit something. My guess was Fred hit Bill. "Piss off, would you?" Fred yelled. He came up to my ear and whispered in it sending chills down my spine. "I'm going to pick you up, so you don't trip. Alright, love?"

I nodded at him and he picked me up bridal style. I always loved being in Fred's arms. He always provided a sense of security and comfort. I always knew when I was with Fred, I was safe.

After what felt like forever, Fred put me down gently. He took off my blindfold and pushed my dark black hair behind my ears. Once I saw the picnic he had laid out my eyes grew a light purple shade.

"You must be really excited for your eyes to change, huh?"

"Freddie, this is amazing. You did this all by yourself?" His cheeks rose to a red as bright as his hair. He nodded and I jumped into his arms to give him a hug. "It's so brilliant."

He pulled back and just looked at me. Whenever I looked into Fred's eyes, it felt like time stopped. We both had the biggest smiles and being in this moment only made them grow wider. I could feel my eyes change, but I didn't know what color. I was too invested in this moment.

"Dark pink. That's a new one. What does it mean?" He asked with a smirk.

I shook my head and rubbed my eyes to get them back to their normal dark brown shade. "Um, nothing."

"C'mon what does it mean," he asked again.

"Just that I'm really happy," I lied. Dark pink either mean I was drunk or I was in lust, and I wasn't going to tell Fred that. I probably wasn't even true, I was most likely just caught up in the moment.

"Oh, well I'm really happy too." Fred laughed and then sat down on the blanket he had laid out. He patted for me to come sit, and so I did. "This is for you." He said while handing me a peanut butter sandwich, which was my favorite. He pulled out a few different food options along with some water. "That's for later," he mumbled while sticking something into the basket.