(五) Empathizing

As you wake up for the Golden Training Week you can't help but look back on what happened yesterday.

What the fuck was that?

You sighed and focused on the upcoming practice match. You were confident in your skills but now the rest of the team, with a libero and an ace back on the team, are going to play much differently.

Later on, Karasuno heads to the facility they're staying at for the training camp. Hinata checks out all the rooms, he's so excited since this is his first time at a training camp though you assure him that it's nothing special to be excited over. Tanaka and Nishinoya are just as enthusiastic, assuming that Shimizu would be staying with them. However, Sugawara quickly shoots them down by revealing that Shimizu would be staying in her own home.

You somehow felt relieved that Shimizu isn't going to be surrounded by your teammates. After a heavy dinner, you find Hinata standing in a dimly hit hallway.

"Shōyō what's wrong?"
"There's a stranger among us" Hinata fearfully reveals.
"Impossible. You've probably just seen your own reflection"
"That stranger looked like a child"

You begin to doubt yourself when Hinata says those words. As you two are trying to convince yourselves that Hinata made a mistake, the said stranger appears behind them and startles you.

The "child" turns out to be Nishinoya, whose hair was flattened by the bathwater and thus changing his appearance. You scold Hinata for his mistake before Hinata fearfully points out that Nishinoya has 'shrank'.

"The reason you style your hair up is to appear taller" you laugh at him.

As Nishinoya angrily demands you to stop teasing his height, Asahi appears with his hair down and a dim light casting a haunting shadow on his face.

"Don't be too loud or Daichi will get angry"

Shocked by his terrifying appearance, you three scream in fear while Asahi tries to assure them that he is himself and they end up getting yelled at by Daichi anyway.

The next day, the players head out for a run after practicing more on receives. Ukai and Takeda stay behind and comment on Hinata and Kageyama's efforts, noting how each one starts early and Ukai learning of Hinata's seemingly endless stamina from biking through the mountains. However they notice your lack of effort, but they don't question it at all.

Elsewhere, Hinata and you are racing each other when, completely engrossed in the competition, Hinata winds up running ahead and getting lost. While looking around for the others, he spots a boy in a red jersey sitting by the road. Curious, Hinata approaches him and finds out that the guy, Kenma Kozume, is lost as well. Suddenly, Hinata notices Kenma's volleyball shoes and introduces himself as another volleyball player.

"Do you like volleyball?"
"I really don't. I just play it because of my friends"

Kenma reminded him of you, except he still sees the love you have volleyball in your heart.

"So which school do you go to?"

Before Kenma can answer, he's called away by a teammate. He leaves and tells the first year that he'll see him later, confusing the orange haired boy.

Ukai seems to be in a big dilemma. Which setter is he gonna choose? After some thinking he announces the starting order for the match against Nekoma with Kageyama as the setter.

The next day, Kiyoko arrives at the gym with the team uniforms. Your uniform hugged your figure perfectly, you weren't feeling the orange stripes but black has always been your color. You got compliments from the whole team, even from Tsukishima, but you knew damn well why. Michimiya though, hyped you up the most.