(一) Karasuno's Volleyball Club

"I can't wait 'till we team up and destroy that King! You'll be here soon right?"
"Yeah, don't worry about it, Shōyō! My dad took care of everything, all I have to do is enter Karasuno"

At the entrance of the gym to Karasuno's Volleyball Club, Hinata is sworn to get revenge from "King of the Court" by teaming up with his childhood best-friend and training with Karasuno High, unfortunately, inside the gym he sees the one and only;

Kageyama Tobio

He recognizes Hinata immediately. Kageyama thinks of how Hinata's agile and has good reflexes but doesn't put any of that into good use and that leads to a small argument.

"Why are you here and not at a stronger school? Aren't you like the King of the Court? You remind me of someone"

Hinata never knew why you agreed to enroll to Karasuno High with him, when you could've gotten in much stronger schools.

"DO NOT CALL ME KING YOU IDIOT" A very pissed off Kageyama yells at Hinata. Before the Hinata can reply, some of the club members arrive. They don't notice Hinata at first, their attention is solely on Kageyama. Hinata resorts to yelling out his introduction which catches everyone's attention. Tanaka immediately recognizes him as "Shorty #1".

"It's surprising that Kageyama and Hinata are both joining the team recalling what happened last year between them" The captain is not sure if they're on good terms now.

"Despite your size Shorty #1 you've got guts!"

"Even though I'm short, I can jump really high and I will become Karasuno's ace!"

"At least try to improve before saying such bold words and do not waste my time like you did in junior high" While his upperclassmen are complimenting Hinata's ambition, Kageyama cuts in.

"I played with all I had in that game last year and not everything I did was a waste!"

I'm getting embarrassed here, where is (F/N)? If she was here the King wouldn't even dare to speak.

"Hinata, Kageyama! You're teammates now and shouldn't fight" Daichi tries to point out but none of the first years pay any attention to him.

They end up creating a 1-on-1 match against each other at the same time as the vice-principal walks in. Tanaka tries to warn the two to keep it down, but they end up playing against each other anyway.

"Last year, I wasn't able to receive a lot of your spikes, but I've changed since then"

"I accept your challenge and believe me, I've changed too"

The ball bounces off Hinata's arms and knocks the vice principal's wig off his head. Kageyama serves powerfully and Hinata ends up dodging it.

"Exactly how are you different from last year?"

"SHUT UP! LET ME HAVE ANOTHER TRY!!!"

To Kageyama's surprise, Hinata successfully receives the second one, only to send it towards the vice-principal. The ball ends up knocking his wig off his head, and he takes Daichi outside to talk.
A moment later, Daichi returns and announces that the vice-principal isn't going to take any actions against the team, as long as they forget what they saw. Before Daichi can say anymore, Kageyama and Hinata start fighting again over whose fault it was.

"Will you two stop it? Karasuno was one of the top teams in the prefecture until a few years ago and had even gone to nationals once; now, they're ranked, at best, eighth in the prefecture and other schools have even started calling them "Fallen Rivals" or "The Crows That Can't Fly".

When he was younger, he would pass by students from Karasuno that had competed against the strongest teams in Tokyo's huge gymnasium which gave him goosebumps. He wants to go back to that gym now. This inspires Hinata who thinks of how he'll be on the same court as the Little Giant.