(二) Beautiful distraction

The next day, the long awaited 3-on-3 match begins.

"Daichi, I'm so shocked you're joining Tsukishima and Yamaguchi's team"

"Hinata you literally have (L/N) and Kageyama... I'm a little worried about us to be honest"

Bothered by Daichi's lack of faith in them, Tsukishima then taunts Kageyama, Hinata and you angering you three.

"Hmm, the King, the Queen or the little one? Which one should I crush first— I mean, block first?"

Queen? Really? Is that supposed to be an insult?

"Don't get on my nerves, blondie" you were irritated by this guy but you knew his tongue won't be so sharp after this match.

The match starts and (F/N) easily blasts through Tsukishima's block.

"Really? That's how you block?" you said angering him.

Hinata jumps and spikes, surprising everyone with the height he can reach, but he gets blocked effortlessly by Tsukishima.

"No, I'm just getting started" he replied to you thinking he did something, but you were unbothered.

This continues, giving Tsukishima's team the lead. He mocks Hinata's lack of height "If only you were 30cm taller you could've become a superstar" and then brings up Kageyama's "King's toss" and the impact it had on his ex-teammates.

"You know what? You're talking too much" you said coolly to him before walking away.

The match continues and Kageyama serves confidently. However, to his and Hinata's surprise, it's received successfully by Daichi. Hinata's impressed by this while Kageyama's unnerved. Tsukishima brings up Kageyama's past again and Hinata angrily asks him about it.

"Do you know why they call him "King"?

"Huh? It's because he's really skilled"

Tsukishima laughs. "His nickname came from his own teammates. He's the self-centered King, the oppressive dictator-"

"Right now, what matters is defeating you so Shōyō and Kageyama can become official members, not Kageyama's past." you cut him off.

The whistle blows and the match starts again. Tsukishima serves to you who sends the ball to Kageyama. The setter doesn't think Hinata can beat Tsukishima one-on-one so he decides to give the ball to you. However, Hinata quickly gets behind the setter, before you could reach. Even though his spike went out, Hinata isn't discouraged.

"I'll take any toss, hit any ball and jump anywhere so you have to toss to me"

"Shōyō, you know how to do quick attacks?" you look proud of him.

Hinata doesn't know what those are since he just hits whatever he wants. Kageyama states that a quick is impossible for them anyway since they're not coordinated. Hinata gets insulted and yells at him, only to garner another taunt from Tsukishima.

"Being reckless won't help since some people just aren't cut out for some things... spiking for instance"

"Watch. Your. Mouth" you had enough. You were not gonna let anyone, let alone him to make fun of Hinata. "Kageyama, toss to me"

Observing the surroundings carefully, Kageyama tosses the ball to you at the perfect moment. As you were watching the ball come up to you, your eyes landed on two girls, one had a boyish haircut and the other one had glasses and dark hair, but you somehow couldn't take your eyes off of the second one.

"как красиво" you said quietly, almost whispering.

Staring at her for way too long caused you to miss the chance to spike the ball and for your face to directly hit the net.