(三) Versus the Great King

Karasuno arrives at Aoba Jōhsai and you all get off the bus. Hinata freaks out and has to run to the bathroom, wanting to run after him you stop after unintentionally hearing some guys deride Kageyama's lack of ability to play in a team. You hear them comment on other members of your team and then you suddenly hear them talk about you.

"(L/N) really gave up big opportunities just to end up in that pathetic team, what a waste"

"Don't underestimate my team so much, otherwise i'll skin you alive" you said with an intense glare on your face, scaring the shit out of them. (A/N: You know Mikasa's death stare when she saw Ereh and Historia having a good time? Yeah, imagine that one)

"You shouldn't say things like that, (L/N). Look what you did, you scared these poor elites, now I feel sorry for them" Tsukishima appears right behind you.

Seeing your tall frames and hearing your bold words, the two guys sprinted away. Before you could ask Tsukishima why he joined you, Daichi stops and interrupts you two.

"Could you two not cause any troubles? I didn't expect my first-years to be this proble-"

"They were trash-talking about you and the whole team" you interrupt him.

"In which direction did they run?" Daichi completely changes his mind.

The whole team gathers ,and makes their way to Aoba Jōhsai's volleyball court. You notice that Hinata was feeling really anxious again with his lack of sleep and nerves for the match ahead.

"Shōyō, do you think you'll be alright for the match?"
"I'm fine, don't worry about me"

Later on, some time before the match starts, Hinata's anxiety doesn't change. Before the match even begins, you look to see if Oikawa has arrived yet.

He probably planned to be late, ugh he's so extra.

Hinata's immediately unnerved by his opponents' high skill level and freaks out again. You try to encourage him, but only succeed in doing the opposite. Hinata ends up running to the bathroom again and this time you follow him. As he comes out, he sees Kindaichi and Yahaba.

"Is Kageyama as arrogant and selfish as he was before?

"I thought I told you two something earlier didn't I? идиоты..." you cut Hinata off before he could speak. "Anyway, Shōyō, do you feel any better?"

Back at the gym, Daichi tries to help Hinata and after failing, turns to Kiyoko for help, but she ends up making it worse. The match soon restarts and you decide you're gonna sit on the bench and let Hinata play as a middle blocker.

"Huh? That midget is playing as middle blocker?"

Aoba Johsai's surprised by Hinata's height and Kageyama and your presence on a team like Karasuno. The match starts off badly when Hinata takes Daichi's receive by accident and Aoba Jōhsai scores the first point by blocking Tanaka. For the first part of the match, Hinata continues messing up, angering Kageyama, who yells at him.

And to think I was defending him...

"HEY! I think that's enough, Kageyama" you sticked up for your best friend, from the bench.

Kindaichi and Kunimi watch scornfully and see on how Kageyama hasn't changed at all.

Right when Aoba Johsai is at 24 points, it becomes Hinata's turn to serve. Anxious about the prospect of missing and making things worse for his team, Hinata messes up and spikes the ball into the back of Kageyama's head instead. Intimidated, Hinata starts backing away in anticipation of his punishment. Afterward, Hinata regains his composure and lines up with his team. After they bow, Tanaka approaches the first year.