"You four follow me — we're going to a more secure spot."

Unsurprisingly, there were no objections.

With your little ragtag group, you all continued to head further down the hallway, everybody tense and keeping an eye out for anything even remotely suspicious. Nobody said a word — and because of that, it was only natural for you to jolt as Ai spoke up in your head again.

Somebody's nearby.... Please be careful, [Y/n]!

On instinct, your en flared out, footsteps slowing as you took in everything; only to feel something fast approaching the hallway wall from the outside.

"EVERYBODY, LOOK OUT!"

You had managed to give everybody just enough warning as the wall collapsed inward in a bright, cyan blaze, sending you all flying backwards. It was hot. Even if the flames didn't touch you, the heat emanating from it was intense, as you fell backwards, hitting your head on a brick. For a moment, you were dazed — it wasn't enough to knock you out, but you were dizzy for a second.

"[Y/n]!"

Somebody was shaking you, and you groggily looked up to see a stressed Mina shaking you aggressively. You blinked a few times before taking her hand to help you sit up.

The force of that blast had sent you and a few other members of your group through the wall and into the room behind you all — it was probably a lounge, although rubble littered the floor now. Standing up, you wiped at your head, feeling the familiar wetness get on the back of your hand.

"Where is everyone else?"

Only a few people were in the room with you — Neito, Denki, Hanta, and obviously Mina. Hanta gave a concerned glance out into the hallway. "They might still be out there."

On cue, somebody else walked into the destroyed classroom, although it wasn't anybody you recognized — spiky black hair, piercing blue eyes, and a black trench coat made him already look edgy, but what stood out the most were the crinkled, purple scars that covered his whole body, stapled together to his normal skin like some sort of weird, Frankenstein's monster type of deal.

"Who the fuck are you?"

The person grinned, stepping forward casually. "Wouldn't you like to know, doll? And don't worry — your friends are out there — at least, until nomu destroys them."

Gritting your teeth, you huffed. "I actually would like to know. That's why I fucking asked, you raisin-looking asshole."

Your insult easily rolled off the man as a blue flame hovered above his palm, and you tensed. "Let's make this easy — you either come with me willingly, or I also turn you into a 'raisin-looking asshole' and bring you by force, as well as incinerating everybody else in here. Get it, doll?"

Being called 'doll' was not something that you liked, but you bit back any retort you had, thinking carefully. There were no windows in this room — the only exit was the demolished doorway where the scarred man blocked, and judging on quirk strength and his range, getting past him would be practically impossible. And then, even if you could get past him, there was nomu. If you focused, you could hear fighting out in the hallway and outside, most likely Vlad King holding off the nomu while your other classmates (hopefully) fled to somewhere safer.

Waiting for Vlad King to attack the man wasn't logical. Who knew how long it'd take to beat nomu, and the scarred man didn't seem to be so patient. Going with him was obviously not an option, either. You weren't going to be some martyr — you'd get yourself and your friends out of here, even if it meant risking your life.